Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campus looks better than it has in 20 yrs?

vCash

Campus looks better than it has in 20 yrs?

I?ve been critical the past few years, but I?ve been in S?ville the last couple of days and campus looks wonderful. Landscaping dept. has done a great job!

vCash
    State has a better looking campus than most SEC schools.

Alabama's campus is horrible in my opinion. I had to do some work on a building on their campus a few years ago and I wasn't impressed at all with their campus.

vCash
    We?ve always had a good campus, I did think upkeep had slipped the last few years, but some long term planning and design have really come together nicely. Secondly, the amount of trees we have planted all over the campus is great. I was commenting to someone today, that almost everywhere you look, there are trees that are under 10-15 years old, many less than that.

vCash
    Say what?? Bama has one of the prettier campuses in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    Put me in the unimpressed crowd. Aside from a couple of nice buildings, I thought it was one of the least visually appeasing P5 campuses I?ve seen. Tuscaloosa, in general, isn?t impressive either.

vCash
    Uh, no? this is just not true.

vCash
    Yep, friends that have kids starting there, that weren't familiar with the campus prior, all say now pretty MSU is. State has done a lot to upgrade buildings, build new and keep up the grounds. The place looks beautiful.

For the future, Are there plans to modernize the engineering buildings? I see Hardy Blvd is pedestrian only this year. Are they going to make that into a plaza like Old Main plaza?

Once they upgrade the buildings northeast of the stadium and Dorman.... the place will look incredible. Also I imagine when the new dorms go in on Barr, that campus will look spectacular.

vCash
    Meh, it ain't nothing special.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Yep, friends that have kids starting there, that weren't familiar with the campus prior, all say now pretty MSU is. State has done a lot to upgrade buildings, build new and keep up the grounds. The place looks beautiful.

For the future, Are there plans to modernize the engineering buildings? I see Hardy Blvd is pedestrian only this year. Are they going to make that into a plaza like Old Main plaza?

Once they upgrade the buildings northeast of the stadium and Dorman.... the place will look incredible. Also I imagine when the new dorms go in on Barr, that campus will look spectacular.
    Hardy down eng row is closed during school hours so I heard, will open at 6 for evening traffic.

Many of the eng buildings have been upgraded. Carpenter has some issues around some technical challenge and being a historic building. I forget the details but a professor told me that several years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    State has a better looking campus than most SEC schools.

Alabama's campus is horrible in my opinion. I had to do some work on a building on their campus a few years ago and I wasn't impressed at all with their campus.
    MSU does have one of the nicest campuses. I've been to UT and LSU when they looked horrible. I was on campus this summer and there were lots of landscape projects going on everywhere.

Moving my two kids in this weekend. Was off campus yesterday but will be on tomorrow. Looking forward to checking the scene out.

I know I have maroon-colored glasses but from what I've seen around MSU is a great value and one of best schools in the Southeast combining all elements - student life, facilities, academics, sports, etc.

vCash
    Concur, but we still have a few buildings that look like puke. The architecture and construction sciences building look like they were designed and built by a k4 class.
    Last edited by viverlibre; 08-06-2022 at 09:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    We?ve always had a good campus, I did think upkeep had slipped the last few years, but some long term planning and design have really come together nicely. Secondly, the amount of trees we have planted all over the campus is great. I was commenting to someone today, that almost everywhere you look, there are trees that are under 10-15 years old, many less than that.
    We should have let Dr. Foglesong paint everything brown and army green while we had the chance, (except his bi-plane of course)! *****

vCash
    It would look better if they made Tusk remove his meth labs and stills adjacent to the chemistry building.****

vCash
    I?ve been critical the past few years, but I?ve been in S?ville the last couple of days and campus looks wonderful. Landscaping dept. has done a great job!
    Thank you from all of our team. We?re going at it and making solid progress. I started two years ago and we have a long way to go but we appreciate the complimentary comments and that our efforts are noticed. Our team and our administration are pulling the same direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailmari View Post
    Put me in the unimpressed crowd. Aside from a couple of nice buildings, I thought it was one of the least visually appeasing P5 campuses I?ve seen. Tuscaloosa, in general, isn?t impressive either.
    Tbf, their newish Quad is quite nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Thank you from all of our team. We?re going at it and making solid progress. I started two years ago and we have a long way to go but we appreciate the complimentary comments and that our efforts are noticed. Our team and our administration are pulling the same direction.
    Thank you and your team!

vCash
    Thank you and your team!
    You?re welcome, we are striving to give our students and alumni spaces that they can be proud of and use at the same time. There is more to come in the near future some larger projects but many more smaller intimate spaces that are good places to spend an hour.

vCash
    Word is students will not use Hull Hall 2nd semester. Are the renovations to the interior or exterior or both?

Was a decision ever made on What to do with Rice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Appreciate y'all! The campus does look great! Keep up the great work!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Word is students will not use Hull Hall 2nd semester. Are the renovations to the interior or exterior or both?

Was a decision ever made on What to do with Rice?
    Good to hear - Hull needs it. It is the best location on campus, and could be a really nice historic dorm, but it is rough currently.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18