Thread: Hunt returns

vCash

Hunt returns

vCash
    As long as he stays healthy our weekend rotation will be pretty good
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We are going to be outgunned most Friday nights. Hunt has Friday night stuff. He was our best pitcher in the scrimmages. I could see him pitching Friday nights and stealing a few wins. Then we would still have Cade for Saturdays. Possibly Gartman or Holcombe on Sundays.

vCash
    Hunt and Cade give us a pretty good 1-2 for the weekend. Takes some pressure off Gartman. Just come in and give us a solid 5 on Sunday. Not to mention we still have 2 lefty’s that could grab a spot. Going tandem on Sat/Sun wouldn’t be a bad idea either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Hunt and Cade give us a pretty good 1-2 for the weekend. Takes some pressure off Gartman. Just come in and give us a solid 5 on Sunday. Not to mention we still have 2 lefty’s that could grab a spot. Going tandem on Sat/Sun wouldn’t be a bad idea either
    I like the tandem idea b/c there's not going to be a big separation between our weekend starters and our weekend bullpen guys.

vCash
    Yeah go Cade/Pico for 8 innings on Sat and Gartman/VCU kid on Sunday for 8.

vCash
    You also have Dohm (I think that’s his last name? Portal guy from Ball State I think?) and Holcombe who are wild cards. They have the stuff to be frontline guys if it all comes together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Does Jurrnagelo Cijntje have a chance to make weekend contributions or will he need to develop for a year or two?

vCash
    Dohm hit 99 this summer. Going to be 94-96 Is the word.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Dohm hit 99 this summer. Going to be 94-96 Is the word.
    Fristoe and Stinnett were both in that range too...........BTW, what's the latest on Stinnett? He didn't get drafted that I know of.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Fri- Cade
    Sat- Hunt
    Sun- Gartman

with Pico, Davis, Dohm, Holcombe, Nixon, possibly Stinnett, Cheatham, Loftin, Cijinte, and the other freshmen pitchers would be a serviceable pitching staff. Wouldn't be the best in the SEC, but it'd be a hell of a lot better than last year.

I could also see Hunt being paired with Nixon as backend bullpen guys and maybe a guy like Holcombe or Davis getting a shot at the rotation. Either way, we've got options which is something we didn't have towards the end of last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    Does Jurrnagelo Cijntje have a chance to make weekend contributions or will he need to develop for a year or two?
    He could but we won't know until we put him out there. Same with Loftin or any of the other freshmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Fristoe and Stinnett were both in that range too...........BTW, what's the latest on Stinnett? He didn't get drafted that I know of.
    Stinnett is apparently coming back. Which surprises me. We'll probably have to start him since he is much better as a starter than he is out of the bullpen.

vCash
    Actually, that's good news on Parker if he can just command the zone a little better but I know you don't have much faith in Fox being able to develop him. Honestly, his track record on guys with big arms isnt' great. Cerantola, Fristoe, Stinnett.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He could but we won't know until we put him out there. Same with Loftin or any of the other freshmen.

Stinnett is apparently coming back. Which surprises me. We'll probably have to start him since he is much better as a starter than he is out of the bullpen.

Yea, I thought somebody had reported he was in the portal and it wasn't clear whether he had the option to come back. Maybe I'm confusing him with another pitcher, or maybe whoever posted that didn't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Stinnett and Hancock don't count against the 35 man roster. Brandon smith would have been the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Stinnett and Hancock don't count against the 35 man roster. Brandon smith would have been the same.
    Is Brandon staying or going? Would be good to have him back next year for long relief or in a mid-week, spot starting role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Is Brandon staying or going? Would be good to have him back next year for long relief or in a mid-week, spot starting role.
    As of now going. We offered him to come back but he has to make the decision. I think there is still a window there.