vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Can cross one off the list!

Two more...
    Those aren't the only 3....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Those aren't the only 3....
    I wouldn't be surprised if we added more, but those two are the biggest priorities rn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Ok. Who is Knight??? I suck at recruiting!!!!
    Big kid from Mercer, power bat, same place MSU got Nate Lowe and Yeager

vCash
    This pleases me. I really like the Texas guy. Sounds like he was kind of mismanaged, so I hope he's hungry when he gets here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Amazing isn't it? You know you don't get to be a head coach in the SEC without being ultra competitive and you know this season had to be embarrassing for him and I'm sure there were some heart to hearts he had with himself and his staff. I don't look for any repeats of this year(although a majority of this seasons issues were injuries to pitchers). The guy knows what he's doing.
    I believe in Lemonis but I'll say this. 2021 he seemed to always make the right decision with pitching. This year it was like he couldn't get it right.
    Hopefully it was a fluke/ he was trying to get them reps as this season was lost/ limited options and he'll go back to looking like he did in '21 this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    I believe in Lemonis but I'll say this. 2021 he seemed to always make the right decision with pitching. This year it was like he couldn't get it right.
    Hopefully it was a fluke/ he was trying to get them reps as this season was lost/ limited options and he'll go back to looking like he did in '21 this year
    Fair assessment. I believe this was just one of those years. Injuries, less options on the mound, etc..perfect storm.

vCash
    Things are getting very interesting in regards to one Paul Skenes. We may just have our Friday starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Well said man!

Thanks for giving me some optimism when I was having doubts last week
    No problem, you're welcome! Should be more good news coming this week too. I think we all were shocked how this season and a certain amount of anxiety was to be expected but Lemonis is to good a coach to not do everything in his power to get this right. I'm excited to see the team this fall.

vCash
    I feel like Kam will be our starting 3B next year but we'll see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    No problem, you're welcome! Should be more good news coming this week too. I think we all were shocked how this season and a certain amount of anxiety was to be expected but Lemonis is to good a coach to not do everything in his power to get this right. I'm excited to see the team this fall.
    It's very apparent to me that he is "rebuilding" us more like what we are used to seeing.

Amani Larry and Ledbetter have speed- but they also have some power too. Like Tanner Allen and Rowdey had. Knight had 10 stolen bases as well and brings us a little more speed too.

Our offense should be a lot more dynamic next year without losing too much power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I feel like Kam will be our starting 3B next year but we'll see
    I think it will be Kam or Alford. Depends on the draft. We can find opportunities for Kam to play the OF some as the season goes along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    This pleases me. I really like the Texas guy. Sounds like he was kind of mismanaged, so I hope he's hungry when he gets here.
    When I looked at his game stats I noticed that he had two games where he gave up 4 ER and I think those blew up his ERA.

vCash
    Better players help coaches be right more often. Landon Sims can make a lot of coaches look good. Of course in our situation this year we had so many injuries the options were just limited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's very apparent to me that he is "rebuilding" us more like what we are used to seeing.

Amani Larry and Ledbetter have speed- but they also have some power too. Like Tanner Allen and Rowdey had. Knight had 10 stolen bases as well and brings us a little more speed too.

Our offense should be a lot more dynamic next year without losing too much power.
    Yep and also notice that these new players don't strike out at a high rate either which means more contact, which I like. Heck Ledbetter strikes out at a less than 10% rate, Larry only strikes out at about 10% and Knigh struckout only 40 times in 283 PA. Lemonis obviously saw we need more guys that make more consistent contact. I like
    the acquisitions so far. Give me a couple more quality arms I'll be real
    happy!

vCash

I think this is how college sports will be for the blue bloods. Cut the fat. Buy prime and if you have the money then get the wagyu.

We didn't cut our fat last year and paid for it dearly along with losing some quality players through transfers and injuries. Seems our boosters and Lemonis aren't going to let us make the same mistake twice- NIL/ cutting the fat.

vCash

Definitely. Give me those scrappy kids that put pressure on the defense and pitchers all day long. A mixture of gap/contact hitters with speed and some power mixed throughout the lineup is the formula for college ball. Working other team’s starters and getting into bullpens is key. Getting kids on base that are a threat to run runs up a pitcher’s “stressful pitch count” and gets them out of the game sooner.

vCash
    I think this is how college sports will be for the blue bloods. Cut the fat. Buy prime and if you have the money then get the wagyu.

We didn't cut our fat last year and paid for it dearly along with losing some quality players through transfers and injuries. Seems our boosters and Lemonis aren't going to let us make the same mistake twice- NIL/ cutting the fat.
    I think that that was partly timing for us and partly coming out of a CWS run where pretty much everyone stepped up and performed. Look at the '21 stats for the guys in the '22 pen - outside of Cam Tullar, everyone had pitched pretty well. It's not like we didn't recognize we needed an OF and 2B, and did pick up some pitching. While everyone points to Sims going down, in hindsight, Stone going down hurt us more because it left the bullpen no anchor. Knowing you have a closer changes the mentality of every guy in the bullpen, and probably puts us in as a 3 seed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Things are getting very interesting in regards to one Paul Skenes. We may just have our Friday starter.
    What are you hearing?! Please share details!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I haven't heard anything about us pursuing him
    That's confusing unless we already reached out and he showed no interest at all. It would be downright negligent for us to not go after him otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    That's confusing unless we already reached out and he showed no interest at all. It would be downright negligent for us to not go after him otherwise.
    Maybe so. But remember you have to have priorities. We had glaring holes in the outfield at second and on the mound. Only so much scholarship money and nil money to go around. Also he's a draft risk.