Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do SEC refs hate us SO MUCH.??...

vCash

Why do SEC refs hate us SO MUCH.??...

to the point that they would screw us out of a game against a G5 non-conference team? I mean first you allow an illegal TD where we had downed the ball AND the ref was blowing the play dead with his bean bag thrown and his arms waving overhead AND the Memphis punt return team had 2 number 4s out on the play. Plus you don't even initiate a review? Yes, even with all of that, you come back and finish the job by first making a non-existent illegal touching call on our onside kick recovery but during the review, instead of giving us the ball back to us which 100% of everyone expected, you make up an illegal blocking call to keep from having to overturn the call for us. And a block is not even supposed to be reviewable anyway! The block they called I guess was the Memphis guy running into the back of our kicker while going for the ball. Just a total screw job to the nth degree. In watching 40 years of MSU football that game was the worst I've seen as far as getting totally jobbed by SEC officials (and that's saying something). That game looked like something you would see in a Jr. high game given the level of bias to screw us out of a game.

I have come to expect getting hosed when we play the SEC power teams but now we can't even get a fair call playing non-conference games? I mean who really knows who SHOULD have won that game because they refs totally took it out of the players' hand and decided it on their own.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 09-18-2021 at 07:40 PM.

vCash
    Because the way MSU approaches football is an embarrassment to the rest of the conference. We might as well make it a club sport like frisbee golf, because that is the difference between us and the top 7 in the SEC, and it is about to get worse with TX and OU.
    Last edited by IMissJack; 09-18-2021 at 08:01 PM.

vCash
    It's not just refs, it's the whole sports media as well. We don't have a dog in any hunt is all I can figure.

vCash
    I think it's because we ALWAYS take the high road. It's always don't blame the officials we should have made more plays!

Tonight is more on the officials.

vCash
    Every other SEC school except Vandy (and they don’t have to) treats athletics as a business and football as their rainmaker. We do not, and appear to be doing so willingly.

vCash
    They don?t hate us, they love making calls against us. The head ref was enjoying it.

vCash
    SEC network showed clips of our game. Show the punt and say it's on us for not being aware, I'm not saying we did everything right, but left out the official waving and blowing the whistle. Didn't mention guys with the same number on the field. Also showed the last onside kick, not the one we got screwed with. They don't care about us. Unless Cohen raises hell, this will just keep happening but it will probably keep on ether way.

vCash
    And abc just did the same thing pretty much.

vCash
    Aware of what? We downed the ****ing ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    And abc just did the same thing pretty much.
    ABC=ESPN. Same company

vCash
    And I wonder if Leach would have challenged the punt they would have called a flag for two players with the same number on the field like they called a penalty on us after the kick off review

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    to the point that they would screw us out of a game against a G5 non-conference team? I mean first you allow an illegal TD where we had downed the ball AND the ref was blowing the play dead with his bean bag thrown and his arms waving overhead AND the Memphis punt return team had 2 number 4s out on the play. Plus you don't even initiate a review? Yes, even with all of that, you come back and finish the job by first making a non-existent illegal touching call on our onside kick recovery but during the review, instead of giving us the ball back to us which 100% of everyone expected, you make up an illegal blocking call to keep from having to overturn the call for us. And a block is not even supposed to be reviewable anyway! The block they called I guess was the Memphis guy running into the back of our kicker while going for the ball. Just a total screw job to the nth degree. In watching 40 years of MSU football that game was the worst I've seen as far as getting totally jobbed by SEC officials (and that's saying something). That game looked like something you would see in a Jr. high game given the level of bias to screw us out of a game.

I have come to expect getting hosed when we play the SEC power teams but now we can't even get a fair call playing non-conference games? I mean who really knows who SHOULD have won that game because they refs totally took it out of the players' hand and decided it on their own.
    Did you not watch the BYU game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelingdawg View Post
    They don?t hate us, they love making calls against us. The head ref was enjoying it.
    They hate us. What more evidence do you need?

vCash
    Why didn't Leach raise hell about the ball being dead when the Referee blew his whistle. I would think calling timeout and asking the referee for a review would have been appropriate. Looked as if he was unconcerned and was talking to Rogers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelingdawg View Post
    Same difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Did you not watch the BYU game
    Yea, that was unusual though because we were a garbage team and BYU still had a chance at the BCS championship game which would have meant millions and millions to their school. Sort of a special circumstance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Why didn't Leach raise hell about the ball being dead when the Referee blew his whistle. I would think calling timeout and asking the referee for a review would have been appropriate. Looked as if he was unconcerned and was talking to Rogers.
    I guess Matt Brock should have been the one raising hell since he is our special teams coach. Leach was apparently trying to straighten out our offensive issues and didn't even see the play.

vCash
    Today

Bama in 2018 with the no fumble review & phantom offensive PI

Ridley running out of bounds.

Game changes missed call are adding up against us & I don't understand why this keeps happening
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Then lets do something about it!! Stop your bitching if you are not going to raise hell with the:

NCAA
    SEC
    MSU

I did, I just wrote all of these sorry SOBs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Then lets do something about it!! Stop your bitching if you are not going to raise hell with the:

NCAA
    SEC
    MSU

I did, I just wrote all of these sorry SOBs!
    That's about as effective as writing your Congressman