Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boring night at work, so some thoughts?

vCash

Boring night at work, so some thoughts?

Work is slow tonight, so here are some thoughts on tonight?
    - we will go as far as Will Rogers takes us. If he plays like the 1st Q today and holds the ball, checks down every play, and misses wide open receivers, we are in trouble.
    On the other side, if he hits those receivers, makes quick decisions, and will actually take off some, we could beat some teams we shouldn?t.

- Our D is plain nasty. Yes, we will give up some big plays, but what we did tonight was pretty impressive against a team who SOME people on here said we?re veterans and they will beat us because of it. They flat out dominated the game.

- How about a jet sweep with Tulu for god sakes. The kid is too fast and explosive to not get touches anyway he can.

- I thought our O Line played really well tonight. If Will got pressured, it was because he either held the ball too long or rolled out and they come after him outside the pocket.

- Dillion Johnson ain?t running around you. By god he is going through you.

- the freshman kicker looked really good. We always seemed to be spotty at kicker under Mullen and with Ruiz and now this kid, it seems better.

- I honestly have to sit and think of the offense sputtering is on Will as much as Leach. There were several times where Will had people open, but instead checked down. We have all seen what the offense does when he gets rid of it quick. He had Tulu WIDE open and missed him on the first possession. Tulu would still be running. I guess we have to remember the kid is still a sophomore. The arm talent isn?t there and that?s obvious. He doesn?t have the zip other QBs have watching them.

- Y?all may as well enjoy Arnett this year cause someone will grab him at seasons end. Dude is legit. I really wish we would pony up and make him HC in waiting or something and pay the man. We all know Leach ain?t got 10 years left. Pay him and keep him and let him take over eventually.

Overall an excellent win. We all thought Nc State would more than likely beat us. I for one was not expecting to win. I just wanted to see the O take a step forward.

Now we have to get ready for Memphis. We can score on them. Their defense is bad, but their Offense can roll. Arkansas State gave them a handful tonight. If we play like we did tonight, I think we win. Then the way LSU is looking, we have a real shot to win that game.

Just keep getting better?

vCash
    Offense and defense both played better ... looked a little more inspired last night. We still had to many short drives resulting in terrible punts but definite improvement over last week. I'm optimistic that we might even keep our bowl streak alive now
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    We're really limited offensively due to being extremely untalented at one position

vCash
    Nobody has mentioned receivers yet but I saw receivers make catches last night that that has never happened before at State or at least for a while. The offense didn't play good the first quarter but the last three quarters looked good to me. Offensive line played a good bit better than last week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienfield View Post
    Nobody has mentioned receivers yet but I saw receivers make catches last night that that has never happened before at State or at least for a while. The offense didn't play good the first quarter but the last three quarters looked good to me. Offensive line played a good bit better than last week.
    We scored 17 pts from our offense against an average team. That is no way shape or form ?looking good.? People can prop up NCState all they want to make them feel better. But this offense is still in for a long season against SEC teams.

Oh btw, SE Louisiana just threw for 495 yards against LaTech last night. Guess they didn?t get the memo about all the LaTech transfers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    We scored 17 pts from our offense against an average team. That is no way shape or form ?looking good.? People can prop up NCState all they want to make them feel better. But this offense is still in for a long season against SEC teams.

Oh btw, SE Louisiana just threw for 495 yards against LaTech last night. Guess they didn?t get the memo about all the LaTech transfers
    Move those goalposts.

Y'all built up NC State to be the damn '85 Bears all week. Now they suck cause Leach beat 'em.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Heath?s TD was a hell of a catch. Guy was in his hip pocket. He got a little push off at the right time. Leach even brought it up in presser. Also, hell of a throw by Will

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Move those goalposts.

Y'all built up NC State to be the damn '85 Bears all week. Now they suck cause Leach beat 'em.
    Agree!!!! Some people just want to b#+'*

vCash
    Move those goalposts.

Why would you expect any different? People did the same the whole time Mullen was here - then cried when he left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Heath?s TD was a hell of a catch. Guy was in his hip pocket. He got a little push off at the right time. Leach even brought it up in presser. Also, hell of a throw by Will
    It was a great pass by will also. I give him hell, so I'll get him credit when it's deserved

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We're really limited offensively due to being extremely untalented at one position
    Are we really? Extremely untalented?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Will finished 2nd in the conference in passing yards yesterday. Stetson Bennett finished first. I wouldn't call that "extremely untalented". But, some folks around here are just really trying hard to bash a true sophomore QB b/c they don't like Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    It’s obvious Will Rogers has slept with Shotguns wife, daughter or mom….. The amount of hate he gives him is almost unbearable. The kid is most likely going to break the all time passing record here but isn’t talented.

Shotgun is in rare form early this year.

vCash
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Will finished 2nd in the conference in passing yards yesterday. Stetson Bennett finished first. I wouldn't call that "extremely untalented". But, some folks around here are just really trying hard to bash a true sophomore QB b/c they don't like Leach.
    Sorta bad way to judge him. He threw it 49 times at 6.0 yds/att. Did anyone throw over 35 times besides him? Rank sec qbs by yds/att yesterday.

vCash
    Move those goalposts.

No everyone did not. NCState is a good team but that is it. They are better than Vandy, Mizzouo and USC and that is it. Them and UK are similar.

Question for you, is 17 good enough?

vCash
    After 2 games Will leads the SEC in attempts, completions, completion %, total yards, yards per game, and is tied for 3rd in TDs.

Nationally - he is 3rd in attempts, 1st in completions, 5th in comp %, 11th in total yards, and 9th in yards per game.

So, yeah I think you are right.

vCash
    Come back and year end and see where that stands. BTW you know why yesterday? Many teams played cupcakes so the starting QB only played 2 quarters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post

Are you expecting Bama level performance? Most of us are just expecting improvement from a bunch of Sophomores over last year's performance
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    BTW, SELA qb yesterday vs la tech...

44/59 (.746) 495 yds 8.4 per att
    3 td 2 int

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Sorta bad way to judge him. He threw it 49 times at 6.0 yds/att. Did anyone throw over 35 times besides him? Rank sec qbs by yds/att yesterday.
    Well, Tennessee's QBs combined for 22/35 for a 5.3 average; and the QB for your beloved Fighting Jimbos went 18/38 for 4.8, so he was at least better than those 2.

Not to mention MO's QB was 34/51 for 5.8 and LSU was 21/37 for 4.2
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 09-12-2021 at 08:40 AM.