I am pretty sure that most people have the same reasoning. I love State hell I have about 12 degrees from there in my immediate family alone. I have a brother in law that played football for State and a father that played baseball for State. With that being said I generally make about 2 home games a year in football and about 7 games a year in baseball. I go to the games with my young kids for the atmosphere and we have a good time.

With that being said I don’t go to away games, not out of fear or anything like that but because I value my time at home with my kids due to work schedule. Those of you trying to talk down to fans about season tickets or NIL need a life. If those now paid athletes are the reason why you are happy or sad on saturdays then you need to change a few things.

I buy tickets at regular price I am not a season ticket holder and I DO NOT contribute to NIL and that will never change. If they want to raise ticket prices to give to NIL that is one thing but I will never give to a fund to give to a student that is already getting a free education. Call me not true maroon or whatever but I am already contributing too much of my hard earned money to taxes and others that don’t want to work to give more money to a bunch of kids that think they deserve it because they play a sport in college.

Just my two cents, maybe you can contribute that to NIL so we can get the next pre Madonna athlete that won’t graduate with a degree and may or may not be a contributing member of society.