Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Here is what it comes down to with Leach and the offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Sigh.
    No flame. Not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone in this argument. Just curious - what are your credentials that give you expertise in this field? The answer to this question may be extremely helpful in causing less of these arguments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    In fairness to leach, execution will beat Memphis, La Tech, and NCSt. He may need to adjust the system to beat better teams, but we should be able to execute well enough to beat those three and not need a miracle comeback or be subject to the refs 17ing us with one or two calls.

I don't mind him wanting to see us execute at a reasonable level before making changes to a system he believes will work. But he needs to figure out why we are so shitty at execution after 12 games. If he can't figure out why we suck at execution and fix it in the next few games, he needs to be making adjustments now.
    Also, if it takes a high level execution to even put up average points against shitty defenses (the only defense that we have put up more points than any opponent is NC State) then what will happen in the SEC.

Moorhead's offense was putting up 50-60 points on shitty defenses like La Tech and Memphis and couldn't do shit in the SEC. Leach isn't even doing that. If we go another year against SEC defenses looking like a monkey 17ing a football, I think that is enough proof that Leach's offense just doesn't work against SEC defensive speed. Same shit as Moorhead. SEC speeds up decision making and most college QBs aren't equipped to run it successfully. If you need a NFL level starting QB to run your offense then MSU doesn't need it. We have exactly one QB in MSU history that fits that bill.

For everyone saying Leach's offense has open receivers, so did Moorhead's offense. It doesn't matter when the QB can't process the decisions fast enough to get them the ball. I will say that Will is young so he should get faster in where to go with the ball but if you can't do it against Memphis who gave up almost 60 points the week before to Ark St then you damn sure aren't doing it against Bama, A&M, or LSU. I will say LSU is kind of in a spiral so this weekend could give people hope like fool's gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Also, if it takes a high level execution to even put up average points against shitty defenses (the only defense that we have put up more points than any opponent is NC State) then what will happen in the SEC.

Moorhead's offense was putting up 50-60 points on shitty defenses like La Tech and Memphis and couldn't do shit in the SEC. Leach isn't even doing that. If we go another year against SEC defenses looking like a monkey 17ing a football, I think that is enough proof that Leach's offense just doesn't work against SEC defensive speed. Same shit as Moorhead. SEC speeds up decision making and most college QBs aren't equipped to run it successfully. If you need a NFL level starting QB to run your offense then MSU doesn't need it. We have exactly one QB in MSU history that fits that bill.

For everyone saying Leach's offense has open receivers, so did Moorhead's offense. It doesn't matter when the QB can't process the decisions fast enough to get them the ball. I will say that Will is young so he should get faster in where to go with the ball but if you can't do it against Memphis who gave up almost 60 points the week before to Ark St then you damn sure aren't doing it against Bama, A&M, or LSU. I will say LSU is kind of in a spiral so this weekend could give people hope like fool's gold.
    Boom. Exactly. Arron Rodgers missed an open guy last night. It happens.

Also, last time we played Memphis in Memphis, Chris Relf was completing 50+ yard TD passes and beat the brakes off Memphis, 59-14.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Leach's offense will work at MSU, but the only hopes of it working require a confident QB that isn't scared to let it rip. Rogers is QB'ing like a freshman that is trying to be a game manager and earn the job. You have it, son...now go take advantage of it. Don't let your entire SEC career be a regret bc you chose to take the easy check downs instead of unleashing your skills.

Bottom line is Will is going to eventually lose his job if he doesn't start playing to win instead of playing not to lose. Same goes for Leach. I'm not saying Will is going to lose it this year, but he will lose it in the next year or two if he doesn't stop playing scared.

Id love to see him take those wide open runs he gets multiple times a game too. Take what they give you and slide if you want...that's fine. But make them respect you and that they can't give you 8 yards of grass and you not take it over a 5 yard dump off. If he would play (and Leach would coach) like they do when we fall behind by 14 to a G5 team all the time, we'd be hell to deal with. Stop playing chicken shit ball and go out there and punch someone in the mouth.

I don't hate Will, in fact I really want him to succeed bc he seems like a great kid. I just want to see him stop playing teacher's pet, grow up, and slam his fist on the table and say dammit this is my team, and im going to go out there and show the country who Will F'n Rogers is. It may not work out, but as it stands, he's going to be one of the most efficient losers in SEC history, and that blows compared to being the gunslinger that leaves it all out there and lets the chips fall where they may while giving his best shot and letting it rip.

But that's just me.
    Well, I am really fired up to send my emails today. Was feeling pretty down about sitting at my desk, but, dang I'm going to fire these emails out like no one else. lol Good pep talk, couldn't agree more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Are you sad no one buys into the shit you spew, you must have a miserable life
    Bro, that's a low hanging fruit comment, not needed. Gun might throw a lot at the wall, but, that is the point of these boards and thank God we have these boards. We can all grip, moan, and complain to our little hearts desire, because we all know if we sent an email to Cohen he ant going to reply back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Bro, that's a low hanging fruit comment, not needed. Gun might throw a lot at the wall, but, that is the point of these boards and thank God we have these boards. We can all grip, moan, and complain to our little hearts desire, because we all know if we sent an email to Cohen he ant going to reply back.
    It might not be needed but neither is half of the things that Shotgun says on here that he claims is fact.

vCash
    It might not be needed but neither is half of the things that Shotgun says on here that he claims is fact.
    You aren't going to get a disagreement from me on that, credentials would help as PMDowg asked a few posts up. But, again that is kind of the point of these boards, to throw crap at a wall and see who smells it. lol

vCash
    That?s because you don?t know what you?re looking at or what to look for. You?re looking at how he plays rather than his physical ingredients.

You guys make me want to pull my hair out because you can?t see it. I don?t blame you, but you guys can?t see it.
    Dude, get over yourself. You are not a QB guru, and acting like you know more than I do or anyone else on this board is laughable. You're embarrassing yourself with this over the top agenda about Rogers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Well, I am really fired up to send my emails today. Was feeling pretty down about sitting at my desk, but, dang I'm going to fire these emails out like no one else. lol Good pep talk, couldn't agree more.
    Haha sorry I got in my feels I guess

vCash
    Dude, get over yourself. You are not a QB guru, and acting like you know more than I do or anyone else on this board is laughable. You're embarrassing yourself with this over the top agenda about Rogers.
    I almost feel like he's trolling at this point

vCash
    Haha sorry I got in my feels I guess
    lol

vCash
    I almost feel like he's trolling at this point
    Live look at the Shotgun QB Evaluation Camp

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    No flame. Not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone in this argument. Just curious - what are your credentials that give you expertise in this field? The answer to this question may be extremely helpful in causing less of these arguments.
    He listens to Bo Bounds. "Come on Man"*********

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post

It doesn't take a high level of execution to put up average points against shitty defenses. Leach offenses have routinely done that. We aren't executing for shit is the problem. I don't know why that is; I hope to hell Leach knows.

It certainly might take an unrealistic level of execution to score against good SEC defenses, in which case we will have made a mistake giving the air raid a shot. But if Leach all the sudden can't get an offense to execute well enough to score against La Tech, Memphis, and NCSt, then the problem is Leach has either forgotten how to coach or has quit coaching. Those are defenses that he has routinely lit up over the years.

vCash
    The whole secret to our Offense in being success full is, "Play like there is only 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter the entire game"

vCash
    Think about this also:

Leach has had the benefit of the transfer portal here at State. He didnt have that luxury at TT or Wazzu
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    No I'm not. You guys have no clue what you're looking at. It's so obvious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Live look at the Shotgun QB Evaluation Camp

Ha, Ha good one; bout spit my lunch out on that one.

vCash
    No I'm not. You guys have no clue what you're looking at. It's so obvious.
    If your response to being the only one on an island is "I'm the smart guy, and everyone else is just blind and stupid"....it may be time to look in the mirror, bruh.

vCash
    If your response to being the only one on an island is "I'm the smart guy, and everyone else is just blind and stupid"....it may be time to look in the mirror, bruh.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. You guys don't see it and are wrong.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More