Thread: Big red just hit 100 on the scoreboard

vCash

Big red just hit 100 on the scoreboard

Strike on the low outside corner.

vCash
    Confirmed. Struck out the side in the second, too.

vCash
    He looked really good that inning. When he has command, he's damn near unhittable

vCash
    Looks good. It's just a matter of him getting settled in and relaxed. He has the best stuff on the team when he's on. That fastball velo is great but his bread and butter will be the location of his offspead pitches. He's dealing so far.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    He definately had a good outing. He seems to have locating issues when working out of the stretch. Great pitching out of jams today though. Cerantola had a great 3k inning. So did Sims.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I agree, when he is locating the fastball at 95-97 and changing it to off speed at 82 that works just off the plate, literally impossible to hit it when he is mixing the pitches well. I would love to see a 12-6 curve or sinker that maintains that velocity. He would get grounder after grounder.

Self also had a very sharp inning. Not sure if I have ever seen an inning go 3 outs 3-1 grounders.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Cerentola keeps getting better and better every time he goes out there it seems like. Only a matter of time before he puts it all together. Impressed with most of our pitchers this weekend. Foxhall is going to look even better as these guys grow up plus the talent we are adding in the coming years now that we hopefully have some stability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I agree, when he is locating the fastball at 95-97 and changing it to off speed at 82 that works just off the plate, literally impossible to hit it when he is mixing the pitches well. I would love to see a 12-6 curve or sinker that maintains that velocity. He would get grounder after grounder.

Self also had a very sharp inning. Not sure if I have ever seen an inning go 3 outs 3-1 grounders.
    I agree on Self. Hopefully he is healthy now. He won't be a guy that can go 6 IP like he did his freshman year but if he can go one inning in back to back days that could be very helpful for us.

vCash
    Heck, he hit 88 3 or 4 times today. With his movement, 88 is a challenge to square up. His 2nd batter today smashed it, but I think it was either a flat pitch at 85mph or the dude swung with his eyes closed.
    Downvotes_Hype