Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If the plantation makes a deep run into the CWS

vCash

If the plantation makes a deep run into the CWS

Does that put more pressure on our team and staff to get their heads out of their asses sooner rather than later? Just thinking if they screw around and make the finals there won't be a lot of patience for a repeat of this year for us next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Does that put more pressure on our team and staff to get their heads out of their asses sooner rather than later? Just thinking if they screw around and make the finals there won't be a lot of patience for a repeat of this year for us next year.
    Regardless of what the confederates do you'd think our guys understand the gravity of the situation and that this years performance is unacceptable. If they don't understand that, well they're at the wrong school and we have the wrong staff.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Regardless of what the confederates do you'd think our guys understand the gravity of the situation and that this years performance is unacceptable. If they don't understand that, well they're at the wrong school and we have the wrong staff.
    Yep.

vCash
    I think the coaching staff and the guys we have returning know what happened this year isn't acceptable and won't be tolerated at Mississippi State.

I think there'll be a sense of urgency from now until next year. Hopefully, that carries into the portal. We've already got a stud outfielder in Ledbetter and two pitchers, but we need much more if we're going to turn this thing around in one year.

Make waves in the portal, get most of your high school guys to school, and then start working your tail off from now until February.

vCash
    If OM wins a title, it somewhat cheapens everything we did for the last 40 years to finally win it all. It puts a hell of a lot of pressure on us to win another one, and another one. We should strive for that anyway, but whatever breathing room or advantage we had will have evaporated in only 365 days and it ramps up the urgency more than ever. Forget all of those O.M.A.H.A. posts every year. They no longer apply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    100%

vCash
    Regardless of OM

Got to be all business in Starkville and recruit and manage the roster like any given year can be 2015 or 2022. Yep, 7 years ago the team went 8-22 in the SEC. Two years after being in the CWS Final and One year after being the Champs.

This summer, MSU needs the portal to make the team competitive or potentially very good next season. If the program Whiffs in the portal, MSU will be 9-21 next year and maybe the "elite" recruiting class of 2024 will start heading to College Station, Knoxville, and Auburn. Butch has zero problem with snaking MSU recruits. Tennessee already does it.

If LSU or OM get the better and elite pitchers from the Portal. 2023 is 90% over. Can't afford any basket-case pitchers on next years roster.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 06-14-2022 at 10:40 AM.

vCash
    Best approach is to take care of your own business and you won't have to be concerned about what some other program is doing.

vCash
    Deep run....LOL
    And no. Their program doesn't compare to ours. It's been how long since we lost a series to them? OM is a tick turd to us. Let them have their two CWS visits in 50 years.

vCash
    This is old head mentality. We are in a what have you done for me lately society. I know I have to produce in my job every year or I?m gone. I?m already thinking of what I can do in 3 years to improve upon what I?m doing now and plan to do in the next 2.
    Most call it the Apple mentality. Apple already has products in line for the next 15 years that they say we need but don?t even know it yet. If our baseball staff and athletic department don?t embrace/have this mentality, then we are done.
    This is how recruits and new employees see things now. We?ve got to do something MSU has only done a few times in my life, and that?s get out in front of the wave. Right now we are hardly riding the wave and are about to be knocked off our board.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Deep run....LOL
    And no. Their program doesn't compare to ours. It's been how long since we lost a series to them? OM is a tick turd to us. Let them have their two CWS visits in 50 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    This is old head mentality. We are in a what have you done for me lately society. I know I have to produce in my job every year or I?m gone. I?m already thinking of what I can do in 3 years to improve upon what I?m doing now and plan to do in the next 2.
    Most call it the Apple mentality. Apple already has products in line for the next 15 years that they say we need but don?t even know it yet. If our baseball staff and athletic department don?t embrace/have this mentality, then we are done.
    This is how recruits and new employees see things now. We?ve got to do something MSU has only done a few times in my life, and that?s get out in front of the wave. Right now we are hardly riding the wave and are about to be knocked off our board.
    Nah, you think recruits give a shit about OM winning a game or two at the CWS? They were there in it 8 years ago and that's about the last time we lost a series to them. Didn't help them then, won't now.
    Some of you guys are blowing up over one down year. Every program has them in baseball. Most of the teams in the CWS last year had down years this year.
    We'll be fine.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-14-2022 at 11:10 AM.

vCash
    I was not impressed with the stats for the latest Pitcher that is transferring in. The kid from Ball State has a 5.70 ERA. Put him out there against SEC hitters and Fox it will be up to 7 or 8.

vCash
    Gotta trust the process and hope the evaluating is a notch improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I was not impressed with the stats for the latest Pitcher that is transferring in. The kid from Ball State has a 5.70 ERA. Put him out there against SEC hitters and Fox it will be up to 7 or 8.
    Dollander's ERA was over 4 the year before and he was sub 3 at Tenn. Most pitchers get better each year in college.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    If OM wins a title, it somewhat cheapens everything we did for the last 40 years to finally win it all. It puts a hell of a lot of pressure on us to win another one, and another one. We should strive for that anyway, but whatever breathing room or advantage we had will have evaporated in only 365 days and it ramps up the urgency more than ever. Forget all of those O.M.A.H.A. posts every year. They no longer apply.
    It doesn't matter because we won one first. And it would literally be the only accolade that they are even equal to us in.

Would be no different than Auburn winning a National Championship during the Saban era. Auburn winning one in football doesn't cheapen any of Alabama's titles.

Right now it's already awkward for them as most of their fan base wanted Bianco gone. They better hope they didn't piss him off to the point where he just leaves them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It doesn't matter because we won one first. And it would literally be the only accolade that they are even equal to us in.

Would be no different than Auburn winning a National Championship during the Saban era. Auburn winning one in football doesn't cheapen any of Alabama's titles.

Right now it's already awkward for them as most of their fan base wanted Bianco gone. They better hope they didn't piss him off to the point where he just leaves them.
    Is Florida State a play for Mini Mike?

Everybody thinks Link Jarrett for FSU.

Did Link Jarrett just make Notre Dame huge in baseball. You look at the roster, the kids are from Catholic HS from the whole nation. That's quite a pipeline of good families and good kids.

vCash
    I look for the Irish to fade due to empty the magazine to defeat the bitches in orange britches.

vCash
    Well, there is some interesting notes about the similarities. Last year, State had a good SEC season, then got blown out in the SEC tourney, only to turn around and win the whole thing. We got there from Dudy Noble. The Confederates got there the hard way on the road. Our pitching sucked in the SEC tourney, only to get hot in Omaha. The Jonnies pitching and hitting came together in time to get them to Omaha.

I believe, if they beat Auburn, they will play in the Finals. And I will be absolutely miserable. I prefer if an SEC team wins it, it be Arkansas. Their fanbase deserves it like ours did!

vCash
    4 SEC West teams are in the CWS. We definitely don't need to be too focused on what Ole Miss is doing. Arkansas is going to win a title soon and A&M will probably be throwing around some NIL money and they've got a good coach. Auburn's been to 2 of the last 3 CWS.
    Not to mention many solid SEC programs that fell a little short of the CWS this year.
    Ole Miss is definitely hot right now but they'll **** it up somehow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I look for the Irish to fade due to empty the magazine to defeat the bitches in orange britches.
    Per Draft Kings

No. 9 Texas +425
    No. 2 Stanford +500
    Notre Dame +500
    Arkansas +550
    Ole Miss +650
    No. 14 Auburn +700
    Oklahoma +700
    No. 5 Texas A&M +800

TAM seems better than this. End of the day, all solid teams. Probably every team thinks they can win it all.