Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
We baby our pitchers too much. And I'm all for taking our time with inning increases but we're at the end of the season and still doing it. But when Sims goes 3, you just can't use him again much. But heck, even Dubose would come back and throw an inning or two after starting back in the day. I'll say it again, my only complain with this staff is player management. We just struggle with decisions.
Yes, our player management is so bad we are battling for an SEC title, ranked as high as #2 in polls, have a shot at 40 regular season wins, and we seem to be building to a late season hot streak as the coach makes adjustments to the lineup.
I'm just not going to nit-pick every decision on a team doing this well. Lemonis has shown us over 3 seasons now that more often than not, he is right and he has gotten results. I think he is setting up this team - in particular the pitching staff - for post-season. We will have a stable of fresh arms, and if we need to pitch Sims on a Friday and again on a Sunday to win a SR - I bet Sims will be out there.