Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eli Drinkwitz

vCash

Eli Drinkwitz

I really think this guy is gonna be good. After looking really bad in first 2 games (Bama ok, but tenn not), mizzou has come around. Beating lsu, they threw for over 400. Beating Kentucky, they ran for over 200. Not being married to all run or all pass seems to be the way to go.

vCash
    Out of the 4 new coaches in the SEC, he and Pittman have done better than Kiffin and Leach so far. Who would've guessed that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Out of the 4 new coaches in the SEC, he and Pittman have done better than Kiffin and Leach so far. Who would've guessed that?
    As a lifelong Mississippi State fan, I saw it coming from a mile away....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    A career OL coach and a guy with 1 year of a HC experience, going 11-1 at a team that was 10-2 the year before and built by someone else. Vs a guy that's a proven great offensive mind and turned around FAU, and another guy that won National Coach of the year twice at 2 crapholes.

Just goes to show that Resume =/ future success. Hiring is a crapshoot. Even Saban and Dabo and Urban and Mullen would be "terrible hires" if you go back far enough in their careers.

Remember that next time we hire a coach. Don't get obsessed with any particular candidate because the resume -or lack of one- doesn't tell the full story.

vCash
    I'm on record as wanting him last December.

vCash
    Cohen chose to overpay a system coach 10 years past his prime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    A career OL coach and a guy with 1 year of a HC experience, going 11-1 at a team that was 10-2 the year before and built by someone else. Vs a guy that's a proven great offensive mind and turned around FAU, and another guy that won National Coach of the year twice at 2 crapholes.

Just goes to show that Resume =/ future success. Hiring is a crapshoot. Even Saban and Dabo and Urban and Mullen would be "terrible hires" if you go back far enough in their careers.

Remember that next time we hire a coach. Don't get obsessed with any particular candidate because the resume -or lack of one- doesn't tell the full story.
    So you?re ready to change hiring practices after 4 games?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    4 games

vCash
    It's 4 games into a jacked up season. It takes literally one game to completely change your stance on something like this. And also, Kentucky is a really bad team. That was evident in our game against them. There's a lot of bad teams at the bottom of this conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    It's 4 games into a jacked up season. It takes literally one game to completely change your stance on something like this. And also, Kentucky is a really bad team. That was evident in our game against them. There's a lot of bad teams at the bottom of this conference.
    Drinkwitz realizing lsu was weak against the pass and Kentucky was weak against the run and having the ability to exploit both with a multiple offense is the sign of a good coach imo.

vCash
    Drinkwitz, Satterfield, Neal Brown, were all on the market 3 years ago when Cohen passed them up to hire Moorehead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Drinkwitz, Satterfield, Neal Brown, were all on the market 3 years ago when Cohen passed them up to hire Moorehead.
    Yep. Cohen got horrible advice from someone. I heard Satterfield's agent called for an interview and he was told we weren't interested. I hope that's just a BS rumor.

vCash
    Ugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    We should have went with a coach that runs a Mullen/Malzahn type offense. In other words, keep doing what we did when Mullen was here but a better recruiter. And for everyone saying the SEC has changed and you have to go pass happy, it'll change back and we'll wait 10 years after everyone else before we decide to try it. Frustrating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yep. Cohen got horrible advice from someone. I heard Satterfield's agent called for an interview and he was told we weren't interested. I hope that's just a BS rumor.
    I really hope that's BS too. What a terrible decision if true.

Kyle Whittingham from Utah was also interested but we screwed that up too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    4 games
    Except we knew this the day he hired him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Except we knew this the day he hired him
    No we didn?t. The only thing we currently know is Arnett is good and the offense is having bugger growing pains that we hoped for.

That?s it. After that it?s only your opinion.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-25-2020 at 01:21 PM.

vCash
    No we didn?t. You still don?t know anything
    You argued with me after the LSU game how KJ was a lock to be a top 5 pick and that I need to think and not listen to the media when I told you that was stupid. I?m starting to think you?re the one who doesn?t know anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    You argued with me after the LSU game how KJ was a lock to be a top 5 pick and that I need to think and not listen to the media when I told you that was stupid. I?m starting to think you?re the one who doesn?t know anything.
    Yeah. I whiffed on KJ. I was wrong. It took me a while to see how slow his feet were.

That being said, what you?re saying just isn?t logical. Not saying you?re wrong but your logic isn?t rational.

vCash
    Yeah. I whiffed on KJ. I was wrong. It took me a while to see how slow his feet were.

That being said, what you?re saying just isn?t logical. Not saying you?re wrong but your logic isn?t rational.
    You go off the deep end every year it seems... Stevens better passer than dak. Now Rogers is the savior