Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss board continues to deliver...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    So the year Ole Miss was like the #4 National Seed and had no P5 teams in their Regional and still lost, was that Cohen knowing that Tennessee Tech was a powerhouse that year?
    He wasn't even on the committee then. That's where they blame templeton. That's the beauty of it. They blame him for the last 20 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I don't know if I totally buy this...Bench Mob? Tanner Allens Mohawk, beards, mullets etc. All college teams have these type players. They are after all kids you know. OM problem is two words: Mike Bianco
    Bianco is a good coach. They were absolutely nothing before he got there, and that's probably where they go when he leaves.

vCash
    I think (my opinion) Bianco is a good coach, but I can?t explain why Ole Miss can?t make it to Omaha. Until recently, I thought it was simply That?s Baseball and Sh!t Happens. Now? It has to be a combination of the culture of the program and coaching.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    I think (my opinion) Bianco is a good coach, but I can?t explain why Ole Miss can?t make it to Omaha. Until recently, I thought it was simply That?s Baseball and Sh!t Happens. Now? It has to be a combination of the culture of the program and coaching.
    They've had elite crootin but not elite results. Coach sucks on the field.

vCash
    Someone on this forum wrote the following (Or something very close.) a while back:
    Ole Miss attracts guys who play baseball. Mississippi State attracts baseball players.
    Lot of truth to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The difference between MSU and OM in baseball is the same difference between Alabama and Georgia/Texas in football.

It?s hard to put your finger on it but we know exactly what it is.
    Players come here because of the image of the program. (high level, hard-nosed competition which leads to self improvement). Players go there because of the image of the school. (reputation as a party school, constantly over inflated pre-season rankings which leads to undeserved media worship and is bought into by those that are seeking it out) It's like a perpetual motion machine which just keeps feeding itself.

vCash
    Ahahahahahaha

So a team not nearly as good beat them, finished higher in the SEC, won a tough SR, and is now 2-0 in Omaha? After dominating them for years?

Well, they've left themselves only one explanation then...we have huge balls and dragged them across their face.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Ahahahahahaha

So a team not nearly as good beat them, finished higher in the SEC, won a tough SR, and is now 2-0 in Omaha? After dominating them for years?

Well, they've left themselves only one explanation then...we have huge balls and dragged them across their face.
    That was absolutely ELLIQUENT 👍
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    They're missing the most obvious things, and I almost don't want to say them bc I fear one day they'll figure it out....but it's a culture thing at State, and no recruiting or managing can change that. They have a culture issue. They have too many guys more worried about looking good than winning. They care more about how good they can handshake and chest bump and color their hair for the postseason, than winning the damn games. It's a culture that resonates through their whole program. That's why their fans would give up their football program before they'd give up the grove. It's why on the Spirit the big thread about us is about how much "PR" we're getting. About how the camera guys picked out our prettiest girls in the crowd and stuff like that. It shows that they care more about publicity and appearance than about substance. We want to win games, they want to win parties and PR. But they're too damn dumb to realize it...and it pleases me. Bc with their mindset, I never truly have to worry about them winning it all
    Post of the year

vCash
    Ahahahahahaha

Man that was awesome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Good coach not great or elite. Good recruiter but not a good in game coach or tactician and absolutely horrible at handling a pitching staff. This is why they struggle in the postseason when they run up against elite in game coaches with equal or even a little less talent.

vCash
    Ole Miss hurt itself in baseball recruiting when they didn't extend Bianco a couple of years ago. It's coming.

vCash
    Ahahahahahaha

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Ahahahahahaha

vCash
    Ahahahahahaha

Perfectly put, I must say!! Their chin should be getting pretty sore by now!

vCash
    Ahahahahahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Their chin should be getting pretty sore by now!
    Sore? More like....eh, never mind....best not to go X-rated.**

vCash
    Arizona, their Super opponent, two and done and got blown out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Sore? More like....eh, never mind....best not to go X-rated.**
    Good idea. Ha ha

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I think Bianco is the reason they can’t get over the hump but I also think Bianco is the only reason they aren’t Missouri. Their job isn’t what they think it is and I think their brass figured that out when Bianco was flirting with LSU. The talk of them hiring Godwin and the Louisville coach was a pipe dream. Their fans don’t want to admit it but a really good sitting head coach isn’t going to sign up to play second fiddle in their own state and this is one sport they will always be little brother in. We had to “settle” for a coach that was in the big 10 and we have the best facilities in college baseball.
    Last edited by Jarius; 06-23-2021 at 11:42 PM.