Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Alabama made the SEC Boring?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Cut scholarship total to 65 with 20 per year limit.

If you really want parity do above and make all scholarships 4 year contracts... no processing

As a baseball fan, id love to do this and give baseball scholarships to work with
    I'd be alllllll in on that... assuming the contract was a bi-lateral commitment...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    The first guy following Saban won't be the next legend. You never wanna be the guy that follows the guy. They'll still be good but they'll go through a little transition period. But I think Ohio state beats them for the championship this year. The SEC isn't that good this year.
    Ohio State is the same to the Big 10 as Bama is to the SEC. Why can't other teams build elite programs? Why only about 5-7 teams in the country
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-15-2016 at 04:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Ohio State is the same to the Big 10 as Bama is to the SEC. Why can't other teams build elite programs? Why only about 4 or 5 teams in the country
    True. But I believe Harbaugh will make it like old days in Big 10.

vCash
    Tennessee is #9 in the country and has 30 yards of offense in second quarter. No competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I'd be alllllll in on that... assuming the contract was a bi-lateral commitment...
    It would help. The current system makes it too easy to monopolize elite talent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Tennessee is #9 in the country and has 30 yards of offense in second quarter. No competition.
    Missing 7 starters today bc of injury I think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Ok. Michigan is one of the 8 teams I talked about.

Alabama
    USC
    Ohio State
    Michigan
    LSU
    Florida
    Texas
    Florida State

It just kinda of rotates between those 7 teams and everyone else can go to hell
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-15-2016 at 04:37 PM.

vCash
    Michigan vs Ohio state is gonna be the premier rivalry very soon if it isn't this year. Harbaugh and urban are gonna raise the level of the big 10 by being so good... kinda what urban and saban did in the sec

vCash
    It would help. The current system makes it too easy to monopolize elite talent
    I'd just like to keep guys for 4 years... no more "3 & done"....

But that ain't gonna happen... nor should it...

No.

vCash
    While I agree there are flaws in the system, we have to taken care of the things we can control first. It doesn't matter what system is in place if we have a coach that's checked out and a circus clown coaching our O Line.

vCash

Does it matter? You just replace them with the same player

vCash
    Ok. Michigan is one of the 5 teams I talked about.

Alabama
    USC
    Ohio State
    Michigan
    LSU
    Florida
    Texas

Everyone else can go to hell
    Something unusual tho. Texas is off the map right now. Doesn't look to be coming back anytime soon. Florida I believe is coming back. But you pretty much have it pegged. As long as 1 of those are in championship game the world is in order ****

vCash
    While I agree there are flaws in the system, we have to taken care of the things we can control first. It doesn't matter what system is in place if we have a coach that's checked out and a circus clown coaching our O Line.
    Well, it's difficult to keep good coaches when they feel the need to leave your school because they become frustrated with the system. Not only do the MSUs and Ole Misses of college football get worse players, they also lose their best coaches to bigger programs because the coaches become frustrated with the system.

vCash

Good idea for all teams except Shotgun's list. That'd even it out some **

vCash
    Something unusual tho. Texas is off the map right now. Doesn't look to be coming back anytime soon. Florida I believe is coming back. But you pretty much have it pegged. As long as 1 of those are in championship game the world is in order ****
    So you are in favor of this system?

You disagree that it limits the sport and alienates 90% of college football fans?

vCash
    So you are in favor of this system?

You disagree that it limits the sport and alienates 90% of college football fans?
    Naw ... you saw the sarcasterics. That was for the world is in order to the football powers that be. It would be nice to somehow even out the playing field.

vCash
    Well, it's difficult to keep good coaches when they feel the need to leave your school because they become frustrated with the system. Not only do the MSUs and Ole Misses of college football get worse players, they also lose their best coaches to bigger programs because the coaches become frustrated with the system.
    i just think there are plenty of things we can control that we could do better. Improve yourself, don't sit and wait for your surrounding environment to change.

vCash
    i just think there are plenty of things we can control that we could do better. Improve yourself, don't sit and wait for your surrounding environment to change.
    I completely agree, but think both can be true. I feel like your making a parallel argument.

MSU absolutely has to improve things, but we have zero margin for error whereas Alabama has a canyon of margin for error.

Both are true. MSU needs to get better, but the system is awful & is limiting the potential of the sport. There are currently 65 power 5 football schools & only about 5-7 that can legitimately build a sustained championship caliber program. That means that roughly 90% of power 5 schools are getting told to go to hell.

vCash
    I completely agree, but think both can be true. I feel like your making a parallel argument.

MSU absolutely has to improve things, but we have zero margin for error whereas Alabama has a canyon of margin for error.

Both are true. MSU needs to get better, but the system is awful & is limiting the potential of the sport. There are currently 65 power 5 football schools & only about 5-7 that can legitimately build a sustained championship caliber program. That means that roughly 90% of power 5 schools are getting told to go to hell.
    Yea I agree the system is bad. It's probably gonna get worse as we gravitate towards 4 mega conferences. At this point I think if the NCAA proposed something like this the blue bloods would just leave and form their own system.

vCash
    Yea I agree the system is bad. It's probably gonna get worse as we gravitate towards 4 mega conferences. At this point I think if the NCAA proposed something like this the blue bloods would just leave and form their own system.
    That's what I think may happen... A self governed "D league" of sorts...

Although, it'd be a lot more than 7 teams in it... and the SEC would be "no more"...

No.