Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
This is the most realistic list that I've seen since all these threads have been started. I'd also probably add Kyle Keller at Stephen F Austin. He's really built upon what Underwood got going there and has had them rolling. They're 44-8 in the last two years.
The best thing I?ve read in a while on hiring a new basketball HC is don?t hire a coach based off their NCAAT runs (probably what I woulda done prior to reading this). If you wouldn?t hire them March 1st, don?t hire them April 1st. Look at their full body of work in the regular season and conference tournaments. Don?t hire someone based off a run in the NCAAT one season.

All those guys I listed are guys who have taken their no-name small schools and built them into a year in-year out winner of their conference more times than not and they go on into the NCAAT and cause some problems for teams that severely outmatch them physically and skill wise. I love Craig Smith but idk about his offensive philosophy. Richie Riley has done really really well at USA and Wes Miller has done a heck of a job at UNCG and gave FSU a scare in the 1st round. Pope at BYU might be more than we could pull off. There?s some really good young, up and coming coaches at smaller schools that could be our Nate Oats or our Eric Musselman who play and fun, exciting style of basketball.