Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mingo to the plantation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Remember the melt over Tobias and Snoop? That was epic. Biggest one ever was CJ "Daddy said your word is your bond" Johnson though.

If anyone thought an SEC school that's got deep pockets and people committed to cheating was going to plummet in recruiting they have another thing coming. It will hurt them and slow them down some, but they're not about to sign a class full of 2 stars. They'd risk the death penalty before that happens.
    And all the preseason hype we are getting is going to drive them to do really crazy things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post
    All I know is we have fallen to 19th in recruiting and they are at 11th while on probation.
    Again, their 2 highest rated recruits will not step foot on campus.

vCash
    This board is melting over two wr’s. Honestly, y’all are so young and stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Better than Jerry Rice? I doubt it.
    Better than JR....HELL NO....!!!!

And, to think JR grew up within 15 miles of Starkvegas...oh, nevermind....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    This board is melting over two wr?s. Honestly, y?all are so young and stupid.
    Not true. I'm more upset that in the best year for Mississippi recruiting, maybe ever, we will get 2 of the top 10 in state. We can spin it anyway we want, but you can't win big in the sec if you can't win recruiting battles in your own state

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Great quote and something that was misunderstood when people asked Moorhead about his ability to recruit in the South.

Sure, part of recruiting in the South is building relationships but it's so much more.

It's that "so much more part" that people who have never coached in the SEC simply don't and can't understand.

I believe JoMo will recruit well in the future at MSU but July 2018 was a baptism by fire for him and a month that I hope helps him grow into the coach he can be for us. June was good but it was almost too easy.

He needs to learn quick.
    I know 1st hand that a certain new staff member is "totally shocked" at what kids around here are actually looking for when deciding where to go to school compared to the ones they were used to recruiting.

It damn sure ain't academics, tradition, nice facilities, or pretty campuses.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not true. I'm more upset that in the best year for Mississippi recruiting, maybe ever, we will get 2 of the top 10 in state. We can spin it anyway we want, but you can't win big in the sec if you can't win recruiting battles in your own state
    yep
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I know 1st hand that a certain new staff member is "totally shocked" at what kids around here are actually looking for when deciding where to go to school compared to the ones they were used to recruiting.

Ok, so that leaves Co-Eds and $.
    Anything else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Ok, so that leaves Co-Eds and $.
    Anything else?
    Here's a hint....... it ain't co-eds

vCash
    Here's a hint....... it ain't co-eds
    When UM is paying people just to take an official visit then it kind of puts an expectation out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    When UM is paying people just to take an official visit then it kind of puts an expectation out there.
    I loved the thought out there that they would just shut down after the NCAA deal.

Shut down?

Hell, they already had one NOA from the NCAA and there were investigators on campus while they were STILL paying recruits. Coaches and boosters.

Think about that. So they were gonna quit because they got a bowl ban and lost a couple of schollys?

vCash

Yup. Hopefully they learn quick.

vCash
    I loved the thought out there that they would just shut down after the NCAA deal.

Shut down?

Hell, they already had one NOA from the NCAA and there were investigators on campus while they were STILL paying recruits. Coaches and boosters.

Think about that. So they were gonna quit because they got a bowl ban and lost a couple of schollys?
    SMU got a slap on the wrist for paying players the first time but I agree with your point.

vCash
    Well if you take out the 2 that aren't going to college next year we will get 3 - 5 of the Top 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Well if you take out the 2 that aren't going to college next year we will get 3 - 5 of the Top 10.
    Better. We still need to be getting more of the elite guys.

vCash
    Better. We still need to be getting more of the elite guys.
    It Doesn't help that Bama comes in and takes who they want every damn year.

vCash

Shut down?

I posted a scenario right after the NOA about OM boosters sitting around laughing that with all the smoke, the NCAA found little fire and then gave them a love tap. I said then that they would be right back in business. Not many agreed and most said they'd be scared of being a "repeat offender"! Ha! They nor the NCAA gives a damn.

Wish I knew how to find that post.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    It Doesn't help that Bama comes in and takes who they want every damn year.
    No, it doesn't