Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not to bring up a sore subject but .. WRs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I forgot Michael Carr ever existed until you posted that. What ever happened to him?
    I did too, till I googled him. He played 4 years. Best year was his Freshman season.

vCash
    I think the highest rated WRs we signed in the last few years were that made it to campus or didn’t switch to TE were:
    Whop
    Dear
    Ross
    Morrow - hard to believe he was a 4* because he couldn’t catch at all
    Bumphis

Bear wasn’t highly rated but obviously developed nicely and Fred Brown was making nice strides until he stepped in a pile of dumbass and got kicked out of school. I think he spent last year on the Colts practice squad and is now with the Rams.

It’s still infuriating to think what could have been in 2015 if Bear & Jrob don’t go pro and if Fred Brown didn’t get kicked out of school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg99 View Post
    I think the highest rated WRs we signed in the last few years were that made it to campus or didn?t switch to TE were:
    Whop
    Dear
    Ross
    Morrow - hard to believe he was a 4* because he couldn?t catch at all
    Bumphis

Bear wasn?t highly rated but obviously developed nicely and Fred Brown was making nice strides until he stepped in a pile of dumbass and got kicked out of school. I think he spent last year on the Colts practice squad and is now with the Rams.

It?s still infuriating to think what could have been in 2015 if Bear & Jrob don?t go pro and if Fred Brown didn?t get kicked out of school.
    I don't follow recruiting very closely, but I had a distinct memory of being super stoked about Joe Morrow. I just remember he was a highly rated recruit and really tall. I thought he was going to be huge for us. Then he became known as stone hands.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post
    Sore subject? This is not a bad group of athletes.

X - Stephen Guidry, Jamal Couch, O. Mitchell
    Z - Deddrick Thomas, Whop, Jesse Jackson
    Slot - Mixon, Dear, A. Williams
    Of that group, the best one I have observed is Austin Williams. Incredible hands and good speed. Have heard he may be our wideout threat.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Whop was/is a stud
    Welp..that didnt take long.
    No Signature

vCash
    I know Dear and Mixon can catch. I feel pretty good with those guys. Couch and Jackson all showed (at times) they can be big time receivers last season. They got size and speed. They just need some technique improvement and I don't think they were getting it from the last staff. In order for Coach Joe's offense to work they are going to have to get better and they will with this staff. I think our TE's are going to big part of our passing game going forward and they did pretty good last season when they did get thrown to. Then add in Guidry and Williams into the mix this season, I think Fitz is going to have a really big year.