Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
Not sure how it happened but I opened the site and it took me back to a bunch of 2013/14 threads. This one seemed interesting.
This is from the year where LT talked Stricklin into scheduling the Kickoff Classic and in exchange we were supposed to play Vanderbilt. And then we got an I think top 25 South Carolina team on the road instead.

Actually it was a fun 7-6 season with Dak's comeback against Ole Miss and the Liberty Bowl thrashing. Good times.

The Kickoff Classic was and is still not popular among our fans. The thing about it is with the mandatory power 5 rule I wonder if it may be easier and better for us to play in Kickoff Classics than do home and homes with people like K-State, Arizona, and NC State. If Ole Miss on probation can get into one playing 6-6 Texas Tech I don't know why we couldn't.

On a sort of related note- I do like how we are playing Louisiana Lafayette in the Superdome in 2019. That's definitely preferable to playing La Tech in Ruston or Troy in Troy. I'm not sure why we couldn't have played La Tech in Shreveport or even New Orleans for that matter. There are other options out there too like Middle Tennessee State at the Titans home stadium in Nashville would be cool and I think playing Arkansas State in Memphis would be popular. I think a lot of us would rather play some of these "road game" Sun Belt teams in Jackson as opposed to going to their place. Jackson location wise would be good to play Louisiana-Monroe geographically as would New Orleans for that matter. I just wish playing in Jackson wasn't such a cluster because using Veteran's Memorial Stadium to play a game like how Arkansas uses Little Rock to play Sun Belt teams could essentially add another "home game" for us without taking away from the seven home games we currently play and should still play in Starkville.

I'd also like to play a series with UAB again soon out of principle after the way Alabama shut their program down- that was incredibly wrong IMO. Glad to see them go 8-5 this year and make it to a bowl.