Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OM banned a booster for a racist outburst but not really

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post
    I wonder if Bjork knows the story?
    He's the AD. It's his job to know the story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg93 View Post
    I was working as a sports photographer/reporter for WLBT in 1996 and caught the whole thing on tape. We aired it the following night on Sports Journal. Lott called the station that afternoon, knowing we had the footage. He talked to me and BEGGED us not to show the footage.

His exact words to Dotson were: "I got your f***ing money, Ni**er!" He yelled this over and over and over. Was obviously drunk out of his mind. Dotson was just smiling and laughing at him. I did archive the footage onto a master tape in '96. I'm sure it's still around. I could probably get a copy of it if we ever need it for "promotional" purposes.
    Go ahead and dig that up and link the youtube page for us...
    Last edited by vv83; 07-27-2016 at 09:03 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Whoa now!! Don't revise history. Robert Byrd was a Democratic Sentor from West Virginia and was a known and admitted KKK member in his early 20's, not Strom Thurmond who Sen Lott made his remarks about. His remarks was flippant about if everyone had voted for Thurmond in his bid for presidency (which was when Thurmond was a democrat in that primary in 1948 I believe) and his only real run. In no way was those comments meant that he agreed with Thrumond's views as a segregationist during the 40-60's and nobody has ever legitimately alleged Thurmond was a member of the KKK and actually was one of the first senators from the south (from either party) to hire black aides at the Senate office. Not to mentioned his own mixed raced daughter he had and supported from an affair in the 40's. Yes he was a segregationist and like for many southern politicians during that time that automatically became a blanket term for racists. And rightfully so to a degree because there were many who were segregationists and racists. Many automatically throw Thurmond in that category but not until he left the Dem party did the that party push that he was a racists and had trouble making those claims stick because so many of his constituents never believed that agenda. Sorry for calling you out but can't let incorrect historical statements go.
    Never let facts get in the way of a good social justice superiority rant!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron View Post
    It was in Oxford and I'm pretty sure it was 98 and that win clinched our trip to Atlanta which is why he went bat **** crazy, lol. I was there, was anybody else? After the game SomeOM douche was in the stands yelling at all using the eastside to get the **** ot of his stadium while we hung around and soaked it all in. Good times!

I never understood the pig noises thing from the lady. Was a white cop with Dotson? For security maybe?
    Lott's rant was at the '96 game...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Whoa now!! Don't revise history. Robert Byrd was a Democratic Sentor from West Virginia and was a known and admitted KKK member in his early 20's, not Strom Thurmond who Sen Lott made his remarks about. His remarks was flippant about if everyone had voted for Thurmond in his bid for presidency (which was when Thurmond was a democrat in that primary in 1948 I believe) and his only real run. In no way was those comments meant that he agreed with Thrumond's views as a segregationist during the 40-60's and nobody has ever legitimately alleged Thurmond was a member of the KKK and actually was one of the first senators from the south (from either party) to hire black aides at the Senate office. Not to mentioned his own mixed raced daughter he had and supported from an affair in the 40's. Yes he was a segregationist and like for many southern politicians during that time that automatically became a blanket term for racists. And rightfully so to a degree because there were many who were segregationists and racists. Many automatically throw Thurmond in that category but not until he left the Dem party did the that party push that he was a racists and had trouble making those claims stick because so many of his constituents never believed that agenda. Sorry for calling you out but can't let incorrect historical statements go.
    Thanks for the history lesson and for the record not trying to re-write it. I was thinking about Byrd not Thurman. But, anything to damage that schools reputation is good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn Bread View Post
    Thanks for the history lesson and for the record not trying to re-write it. I was thinking about Byrd not Thurman. But, anything to damage that schools reputation is good.
    No doubt and that school has a lot problems in those areas. They try to cover it or gloss over their history but a light of reality needs to be shone upon those cockroaches as they scour about in the dark delusions of their world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K9 Avenger View Post
    Lott's rant was at the '96 game...
    I stand corrected, now that I think about it was 96. I get 96 and 98 all mixed up in my head. I think those games were very similar. I remember both as them not having a QB and having zero offense, we just smothered them. One of the they threw a bomb on the first play and it wasn't close. They were done after that. Never had a chance to do anything on offense.

vCash
    #
    Last edited by spbdawg; 11-27-2018 at 10:51 AM.

vCash
    #
    Last edited by spbdawg; 11-27-2018 at 10:50 AM.

vCash
    Has anyone sent this info to SI?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    When a booster is disassociated is it generally for a certain time frame or forever?
    Yeah, kind of like how Cecil was, "disassociated," for the NC game......... We know how it works.

vCash
    Nerds?

vCash
    I'm still curious what "disassociated" means to Ole Miss and the NCAA.

vCash
    The "dis-association" is not what you think. I have a good friend who is a bear who has really good seats. He said that "During the whole dis-association period, 'Spanky" sat two rows behind me. Other guys let Spanky buy good seats through them."

So Brad Lott's dis-association meant that he still gave money to the school and that Lott still had great seats to the games. Lott just had to use an intermediary and not go deal directly with the school.

The bears take care of their own.
    The Plantation has never won an SEC regular season Championship in ANY men's sport with an integrated team. That defines irrelevance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    I'm still curious what "disassociated" means to Ole Miss and the NCAA.
    They still take the money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron View Post
    It was in Oxford and I'm pretty sure it was 98 and that win clinched our trip to Atlanta which is why he went bat **** crazy, lol. I was there, was anybody else? After the game SomeOM douche was in the stands yelling at all using the eastside to get the **** ot of his stadium while we hung around and soaked it all in. Good times!

I never understood the pig noises thing from the lady. Was a white cop with Dotson? For security maybe?
    It was not in '98. The Brad Lott ordeal was '96. I was there, and was standing 20 feet from him he yelled at Dotson.

vCash
    Sorry Scotty, didn't see your correction post.

vCash
    Disassociated boosters can attend- can't buy season tickets in their name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Fillmore View Post
    The "dis-association" is not what you think. I have a good friend who is a bear who has really good seats. He said that "During the whole dis-association period, 'Spanky" sat two rows behind me. Other guys let Spanky buy good seats through them."

So Brad Lott's dis-association meant that he still gave money to the school and that Lott still had great seats to the games. Lott just had to use an intermediary and not go deal directly with the school.

The bears take care of their own.
    It would be hard for a school to prevent anybody from attending the game.

It would not be hard for an Athletic Director to avoid rubbing elbows and taking photos with people who are disassociated.

"We don't communicate with him". #MistakesWereMade

vCash

Does this really surprise anyone? Afterall, they continually sing "Dixie" and

remember, "old times there are not forgotten, look away, look away, look away Dixie Land".........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)