Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was the RPI of the 8 national seeds last year?

vCash
    Would the sec get 4 national seeds? I doubt it... Usce, Florida, and aTm are all ahead of us in sec standings and rpi at the moment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I wonder what's the worst RPI to be a national seed?
    Probably 20 something. Not sure.

But just like we can look at RPI history, how many times has a team not been a National Seed with 3+ series wins on the road of a National Seed or Host school + 18 or more SEC wins?

If we weren't currently considered a National Seed, I would agree that we need some sweeps and good fortune.....but right now we are likely the #5-#7 National Seed, so I can't see us winning every remaining series and dropping from the Top 8.

I may be crazy though
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 04-27-2016 at 01:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Would the sec get 4 national seeds? I doubt it... Usce, Florida, and aTm are all ahead of us in sec standings and rpi at the moment
    Yes, Kendall Rodgers even said he's starting to think that is likely. (Last week)

Plus all of those teams have to play one or both of the other, so we just need to keep winning series imo
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 04-27-2016 at 01:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yes, Kendall Rodgers even said he's starting to think that is likely. (Last week)
    Could happen...

Personally I think we may be better off hosting regional and traveling for super. We seem to play better on the road. Not as cool for a fan, but really think we'd be better off

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Could happen...

Personally I think we may be better off hosting regional and traveling for super. We seem to play better on the road. Not as cool for a fan, but really think we'd be better off
    True. I won't be crushed if that happens...we are a good road team like you said.

vCash

Plus all of those teams have to play one or both of the other, so we just need to keep winning series imo
    That could help us with sec standings, but they'll strengthen rpi lead

vCash
    Probably 20 something. Not sure.

If we weren't currently considered a National Seed, I would agree that we need some sweeps and good fortune.....but right now we are likely the #5-#7 National Seed, so I can't see us winning every remaining series and dropping from the Top 8.

I may be crazy though
    Baseball America just released their current projections and we aren't a national seed.

vCash
    True. I won't be crushed if that happens...we are a good road team like you said.
    And playing on the road in the supers would help our RPI.**

vCash
    Baseball America just released their current projections and we aren't a national seed.
    We've got to pass aTm imo. Good news is they have a tough schedule left

vCash
    Apparently D1 Baseball has us projected as the #5 national seed paired up with the Southern Miss regional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Apparently D1 Baseball has us projected as the #5 national seed paired up with the Southern Miss regional.
    That would be a sweet draw

vCash
    The one common characteristic of those national seeds is they are all well north of 40 wins. I haven't researched it for past years but my guess is almost all have had 40+ wins which we won't have. Not that there is anything magic about that number. My main objective is host. Then let the chips fall where they may. Host, and Cohen has earned his keep in my opinion.
    Last edited by State82; 04-27-2016 at 05:41 PM.

vCash
    It could all become a moot point, because even if we aren't a National Seed we could still end up hosting a Super if a Natty Seed loses, which is very possible these days.

vCash
    It could all become a moot point, because even if we aren't a National Seed we could still end up hosting a Super if a Natty Seed loses, which is very possible these days.
    Yes. Just host the regional. Everything starts there.