Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bad cops in Oxford ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I think the alternative responses have come about mostly do to a generational/social shift with mamas, daddies, and subsequently, their younguns... combined with (completely understandable) mistrust of the gov't and hyper media coverage tools in everyone's pocket...
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T... just a little bit....

I've done stupid stuff too and went to jail a few times, but never had my ass whooped, even by some hyper redneck cops... I can still thay yeth thir snot slinging drunk.
    probably an entitlement attitude got him the first pop.
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    More likely don't be a ****ing dumbass and do what you are told in school. That's what's school is for that people have forgotten. Follow the damn rules. Kinda gets back to not putting yourself in a position where you will get your ass beat by a cop. How is it so hard to understand? Don't be a jerk asshole, don't get your ass kicked.
    how hard is it to understand that I and I alone will kick my kid's ass?

how about, cops don't step out of line, cops don't get shot? oh, it doesn't work that way does it? nor should it, that line of reasoning is dumb, whether it's applied to a cop or a school kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    oh, so you are anti-cop?
    no, but I'm definitely "cop compliant"... and, at times, "cop suspicious", even...

but none of that rises to the level of, "Hey, I'm gonna be a Youtube sensation while I declare my sovereignty from the country that affords me the right to do so in the first place... then ask "Are you arresting me or detaining me?" while he's reaching for the mic on his lapel with one hand and his fukin weapon with the other...

my personal preference is to put up with the short term inconvenience and be allowed to go home and let him focus on someone that likes jail and/or ICU more than I...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash

how about, cops don't step out of line, cops don't get shot? oh, it doesn't work that way does it? nor should it, that line of reasoning is dumb, whether it's applied to a cop or a school kid.
    I can appreciate you wanting to be the only person that has the "right" to kick you kid's ass... unfortunately, until "breeding" is licensed, good parents/parent types like you and I are gonna have to deal with the fact that not every kid out there will act appropriately at all times...

and I believe there are ABSOLUTELY times when using deadly force is sanctioned against anyone given certain conditions...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    A lot of recent issues with cops working outside of their normal jurisdictions.
    Actually there are a lot of recent "issues" with cops doing their job and punishing criminals. But twist it however you need to. My guess is the guy provoked it and deserved what he got, that's the case nearly 100% of the time. Like I seen it said, if you don't want to get your ass beat by a cop, don't do something that would cause an ass beating from a cop (or anyone for that matter).

Denver Airport Director
    vCash

So what happens if yours is the kid that is acting like a ****ing moron to the extent that security has to come to the classroom. At which point your kid is belligerent, then becomes a safety issue to those around him and needs to be physically subdued. And while being subdued he strikes the officer in a way that is threatening the officers and those around him safety while turning the classroom into an unsafe environment for the officer who is now outnumbered? Cop should take control of the situation even if it means beating your kids ****ing ass. And he would deserve it 10 out of 10 times.

Or do you expect them to wait until you come down to the school, whenever you can get there, ask 14 ****ing questions about what happened all the while the damn school is in near riot mode. All because you and you alone will kick your kids ass...
    Last edited by I seen it dawg; 11-24-2015 at 01:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    So what happens if yours is the kid that is acting like a ****ing moron to the extent that security has to come to the classroom. At which point your kid is belligerent, then becomes a safety issue to those around him and needs to be physically subdued. And while being subdued he strikes the officer in a way that is threatening the officers and those around him safety while turning the classroom into an unsafe environment for the officer who is now outnumbered? Cop should take control of the situation even if it means beating your kids ****ing ass. And he would deserve it 10 out of 10 times.

Or do you expect them to wait until you come down to the school, whenever you can get there, ask 14 ****ing questions about what happened all the while the damn school is in near riot mode. All because you and you alone will kick your kids ass...
    All that is fine, but I expect the proper amount of force, and professionalism at all times, or else I get to treat the cop the same way he treated my daughter. And that a cop that cant control his temper shouldnt be a cop. Anything else is hypocrisy, but that abounds these days.

The main problem is that cops are terrible at determining respect and proper behavior. Its always do what I want, or you are not respecting me. That attitude is poison to a free democracy. You may not care; but democracies are always full of people that dont value their freedom and will willingly give it away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    And what about laying in jail for 4 hours with zero medical treatment given? Was this just more of the cops defending themselves?
    If you had taken the time to read and remove the emotions you have about this, you would have seen my comment on it.

Banned
    vCash
    To be fair, he WAS wearing Ole Miss gear. Cops just instinctively reacting to danger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    we have all the facts here. The guy was obviously arguing with them and even has hat had on backwards and moves his face towards the cops arguing his point. I learned a long time ago when approached by an officer it's best to be polite and cooperate and when you have the "right to remain silent", it's prolly smart to do just that.
    Screw remain silent, if the guy didn't do anything wrong and the cop is saying he did, I would have reacted the same way. I am not going anywhere and neither should the fan. Just because a person with a 90 IQ that has a badge and probably couldn't pass Algebra II in high school says you have to leave, doesn't mean shit. People need to respect the police, but damn they do not have the authority to do whatever the hell they want all the time. More importantly, you cannot get physical on some guy because he doesn't want to go with you, especially if he was showing zero threat to either the first officer, the other 3 officers, or the surrounding patrons. Time for law enforcement officers to learn, they just can't do what ever the hell they want and beat down and shoot people that are unarmed. I will add to this, all law enforcement personnel should have to wear body cams. Period. This video will earn this guy a ton of money even though they do not show the initial disturbance. Video proves more than anything the cop or the surrounding fans could say. I wish I was the guy who got hit. I would be dancing all the way to the bank. Thank you stupid officer. I will retire now.

Now looking at this from the other side, this cop had to remove this guy once he made the decision to remove him. He was in a terrible situation surrounded by fans, outnumbered a lot to a little. The patrons were obviously drunk on cough syrup and mint julips, so you never know when the racist low rent fans will turn on you as a group. I mean the stands at a football game are dangerous.