Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updated Aggie injury report

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiAggie View Post
    Tough crowd.

Big boy football? 4-0 vs Arkansas, 2-1 vs Ole Miss, Miss St, Auburn, 1-2 vs Bama, 0-3 vs LSU. Not too bad...

Miss St is 3-0 vs Arkansas, 2-1 vs Auburn 1-2 vs Ole Miss, LSU, A&M, 0-3 vs Bama

Looks pretty even.
    I think a better comparison would be between the two years with Johnny and the two years after Johnny so I will reserve judgement until the end of the year.
    That being said, I am going to the game Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it. I've heard it is a good experience for visiting fans.

vCash
    Tough crowd.

Big boy football? 4-0 vs Arkansas, 2-1 vs Ole Miss, Miss St, Auburn, 1-2 vs Bama, 0-3 vs LSU. Not too bad...

Miss St is 3-0 vs Arkansas, 2-1 vs Auburn 1-2 vs Ole Miss, LSU, A&M, 0-3 vs Bama

Looks pretty even.
    You have 500 Vcash. Have some fun with it. Go to Forums, than go to bet your ass and make some bets. See how good of a sports gambler you are.

vCash
    I grew up around there, so I might be biased, but I don't see it as that cultish. I've been to plenty of TAMU games and chanted with the best of them. Kyle is fun, Yell Practice is fun, Northgate is fun. I have a lot of respect for TAMU's traditions, and have had positive experiences with just about every Aggie I've been around.

That being said, I hope we win big this weekend. Hail State

vCash
    WAAAAAAT!! This is an awesome feature!!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    You may very well win the game but your crowd will have almost zero effect on the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroag14 View Post
    Ricky Seals-Jones has been starting but his production is just not there. He has shown VAST improvement in run and downfield blocking and he is even getting open a really large percentage of the time (over the middle of the field from his slot spot). Kyle Allen just doesn't seem to be seeing him very often. There just doesn't seem to be much chemistry between the two. But getting him going would be huge for the offense. It hasn't been an issue yet because we have other guys that have gotten open as well but At 6'5" and with his speed, RSJ is the epitome of a match up nightmare in the slot position.
    Don't worry, we'll have Zack Jackson on him ***********************************************

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    You may very well win the game but your crowd will have almost zero effect on the game.
    I wouldn't expect the crowd to be the difference in a game like this. But to suggest that any decent home field advantage wouldn't affect the game at all is ludicrous. You could go out and find about a million and one statistics that prove that playing at home, even if the atmosphere isn't great, is an advantage for the home team. Again, not saying it'll be the difference in the game, just that it will impact the game.

And for what its worth, here is a quote on this subject from someone we can both respect, Coach Jackie Sherill: "When they’re playing in Kyle Field, you just have to give the advantage to Texas A&M". That was from yesterday. If you listened to the rest of the interview, it actually sounded like he likes MSU if this game is played on a neutral site/in Starkville (which is kind of scary, because Jackie usually knows what he is talking about) due to being a much more experienced team.

vCash
    Haha have you had the chance to get to Kyle Field before? If not, then you totally should go and see the Yell leaders in action in person before judging them too much!

I have rarely, if ever (I am having trouble remembering any instances), heard from people who have been to Kyle Field/Yell practice and thought that the yell leaders weren't a pretty cool tradition.

And to be totally honest, I would much rather have the girls that would be cheerleaders up in the stands as our dates

I have seen it. Seems a little gay to me. I prefer the females in short skirts but that's just me. No judgement here that ya'll would rather have dudes

vCash
    I wouldn't expect the crowd to be the difference in a game like this. But to suggest that any decent home field advantage wouldn't affect the game at all is ludicrous. You could go out and find about a million and one statistics that prove that playing at home, even if the atmosphere isn't great, is an advantage for the home team. Again, not saying it'll be the difference in the game, just that it will impact the game.

And for what its worth, here is a quote on this subject from someone we can both respect, Coach Jackie Sherill: "When they’re playing in Kyle Field, you just have to give the advantage to Texas A&M". That was from yesterday. If you listened to the rest of the interview, it actually sounded like he likes MSU if this game is played on a neutral site/in Starkville (which is kind of scary, because Jackie usually knows what he is talking about) due to being a much more experienced team.
    104,000 people is impressive no matter where you are...... if we had anyone other than Dak, I'd be worried about the crowd. But he kept his poise at Bama last year, so I see him doing the same.

Banned
    vCash
    Always admired Dak. His mom passed away right before our game at Kyle a couple years ago (as I recall) and he came out and fought like a champ. No way I could have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    104,000 people is impressive no matter where you are...... if we had anyone other than Dak, I'd be worried about the crowd. But he kept his poise at Bama last year, so I see him doing the same.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Sumlin is 0-5 at home against ranked opponents, so it obviously isn't ludicrous. We have a 5th year senior quarterback who has already been in your stadium and done just fine (just has he has against auburn twice, LSU once, Alabama once, and many other road stadiums). I don't see your crowd rattling anyone this weekend. We are starting virtually all juniors and seniors.

vCash
    Again, I never said it would "rattle" anyone or decide the game. Perhaps we are arguing over semantics, but the crowd WILL affect the game. The noise will almost assuredly force at least a false start or two. It will make changing plays at the LOS harder. It will limit communication in general and make things harder. Those things are pretty much uniform at any decent road venue. Regardless if that "rattles" the visiting team it does "affect" them and it does make things harder.

That said, Kyle this weekend will be the loudest (and most consistently loud) place that Dak has played. I don't expect it to rattle him or the team. I do expect it to make things harder and challenge them.

vCash
    We'll just have to get up big early and take them out of it.

vCash
    [QUOTE=aeroag14;421653]Again, I never said it would "rattle" anyone or decide the game. Perhaps we are arguing over semantics, but the crowd WILL affect the game. The noise will almost assuredly force at least a false start or two. It will make changing plays at the LOS harder. It will limit communication in general and make things harder. Those things are pretty much uniform at any decent road venue. Regardless if that "rattles" the visiting team it does "affect" them and it does make things harder.

Obviously spoken by someone who has never been to Death Valley on a Saturday night. No comparison between Aggie chants and 100,000 drunk Cajuns. I think Kyle Field is super cool and weird but LSU is the gold standard for crowd noise. We hold our own at Davis Wade, too.

vCash
    Tough crowd.

Looks pretty even.
    I expect it to be a real slobber knocker of a game. If we can get Dak Rollin' up the middle of your defense like a big ball of butcher knives, well pardner, we should be able to quiet that crowd and whip some Aggies.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Crowd noise has very little effect on games in 2015. Hand signals and silent cadences basically make noise ineffective. Your players may play More juiced in front of the home crowd, but it probably won't effect much else. If we had a bunch of young guys, maybe....we don't.

Again, I never said it would "rattle" anyone or decide the game. Perhaps we are arguing over semantics, but the crowd WILL affect the game. The noise will almost assuredly force at least a false start or two. It will make changing plays at the LOS harder. It will limit communication in general and make things harder. Those things are pretty much uniform at any decent road venue. Regardless if that "rattles" the visiting team it does "affect" them and it does make things harder.

That said, Kyle this weekend will be the loudest (and most consistently loud) place that Dak has played. I don't expect it to rattle him or the team. I do expect it to make things harder and challenge them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Crowd noise has very little effect on games in 2015. Hand signals and silent cadences basically make noise ineffective. Your players may play More juiced in front of the home crowd, but it probably won't effect much else. If we had a bunch of young guys, maybe....we don't.
    This. ..the crowd makes both teams play with more energy. Heck, I always loved playing away to silence the crowd

vCash
    Speedy Noil now listed as questionable for the game tomorrow. First time he has appeared on an official injury list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Speedy Noil now listed as questionable for the game tomorrow. First time he has appeared on an official injury list.
    Listening to Sumerlin's press conference I really had the feeling he was going to be out and I would be betting that they gamed plan not to have him on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    We'll just have to get up big early and take them out of it.
    I was really surprised last year when om went up 2 scores in the first half and that stadium got church on Sunday quiet.