Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LSU not going quietly into the night with Patterson...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Once LSU got a commitment from Felipe Franks the Shea Patterson to LSU was over.
    This is my thinking. We needed LSU to stay on this kid, but they really have to no reason to now. We will see what Michigan can do now I guess.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstrike2 View Post
    This is my thinking. We needed LSU to stay on this kid, but they really have to no reason to now. We will see what Michigan can do now I guess.
    Patterson the player doesn't concern me as much as Patterson the recruiter. He has the potential to pull some really good guys from Louisiana. I think this is part of the reason Les loaded up on the recruiting side on his 2 defensive hires. Teams have been coming to Louisiana poaching top talent the last 3 or 4 years. This years crop in Louisiana is considered 1 of the deepest ever. You can't fight off Bama & A&M then have OM coming in too. Orgeron & Steele along with Frank Wilson will earn their money this year on the recruiting trail if they keep the top guys instate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    From what I've heard from him and a couple others, #TheNetwork has gone too far and is on the radar of the NCAA and SEC.
    Please stop with the nonsense, the NCAA isn't doing squat to OM or any other SEC team that doesn't roll over on itself. AT MOST, the SEC office might give Hugh a call and tell him to have his minions cool it a bit. And even that is unlikely.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 02-18-2015 at 03:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    LSU doesn't care about OM getting Patterson. It's the threat of them getting Devin White or Willie Allen that they're looking at. Those 2 guys are a big enough battle with LSU & Bama they don't want another school sticking their head in. This is where OM is hoping Patterson pays off. Trying to get 3 or 4 more top 10-15 Louisiana kids.
    Allen is an absolute long shot for them.

The White kid, they have a slim shot for. I would put odds at 1000 to 1 on Allen and 100 to 1 on White.

The kids they are going to target are the kids at the summer camps that Patterson will play with. Personally I don't think it will have that big of an impact. The guys that I am even remotely concerned about with the bears are Knott & Simmons. Both are top 10 kids in the state and both will be battles. The weird thing is that I think we get Knott (Dad played at OM) and they get Simmons - our area.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Allen is an absolute long shot for them.

The White kid, they have a slim shot for. I would put odds at 1000 to 1 on Allen and 100 to 1 on White.

The kids they are going to target are the kids at the summer camps that Patterson will play with. Personally I don't think it will have that big of an impact. The guys that I am even remotely concerned about with the bears are Knott & Simmons. Both are top 10 kids in the state and both will be battles. The weird thing is that I think we get Knott (Dad played at OM) and they get Simmons - our area.
    I could easily see that on Knott & Simmons. With Knott the thing that OM isn't taking into consideration is that his coach at OM was Tony Hughes. He & Hughes have a great relationship still also his sister runs track at MSU. If Knott stays instate I think its MSU. The only issue is that his family is already getting tired of the back & forth deal with MSU/OM so I could see him saying screw it I'll just go OOS so I won't have to deal with the drama. With Simmons the longer his recruitment goes on the better for MSU. We're going to have a really really good DL class with or without Simmons. Deion Pope, Caleb Tillman, Damion Dickens, Kaderrion Mason, & Kobe Jones is a very good class. You make room for Simmons tho. He's the icing on the cake.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Patterson to OM