Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Oliver Black

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    On the morning that Stansbury got fired every single one of those players were on the roster. That is a fact. Blaming Stansbury after he gets fired for those players being gone isn't exactly right or fair.
    You are delusional beyond belief......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    On the morning that Stansbury got fired every single one of those players were on the roster. That is a fact. Blaming Stansbury after he gets fired for those players being gone isn't exactly right or fair.
    No they weren't. Sidney and Deville were told they had no place at Miss State anymore. Stands had been given that ultimatum from the AD's office- and part of the reason he was let go. aGAIN- Stands wasn't "retired" over his wins and losses. Holding players accountable for failed drug tests was another reason Stands was "retired". And why Smirh and Zedakis were sent packing- had nothing to do with Ray- it was handled from above
    Last edited by Coach34; 08-06-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    That's the thing- just like Moultrie Knee and then Sidney being suspended for 3 games- that's not the penalty for a 1st offense failed drug test. We are talking multiple tests and Stands fighting to keep them on the court using his pull to do it

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That's the thing- just like Moultrie Knee and then Sidney being suspended for 3 games- that's not the penalty for a 1st offense failed drug test. We are talking multiple tests and Stands fighting to keep them on the court using his pull to do it
    I'm not arguing that Stansbury shouldn't of been fired. He should of been and was. I am however arguing that we as a fanbase shouldn't lower our expectations and standards to ridiculously low levels. Levels that haven't been this low for twenty some years. Ray had very high expectations of himself when he knocked Stricklin's socks off right? Hold him to those expectations that he sold our AD on or where they that excuses would be made at every corner and continuously blaming the previous coach for failed present day events would make it acceptable to drop from the 4th winningest SEC program to one that doesn't even get CBI invites. Not for me. 20 wins. Get it done.

vCash
    I agree that we should have high- but realistic standards. And where this program was the last 2 years- it wasn't realistic that they would compete in the top half of the SEC. Now that Ray has had 2 years to rebuild- expectations raise. Nobody argues that point. Nobody

vCash
    I'm very glad Black got into school. Now at our 4/5 spots, we can shuffle around Daniels, Ware, Johnson, Ndoye, Zuppardo and Black. That's 3-deep at each position where we literally had 3 players rotating at those two positions the last two years. I'm glad to have the luxury to bring in a big body for a foul or two and give our starters a blow. This will make a difference. **Steering this thread back on topic**

vCash
    I hope we redshirt Black myself. You don't need 6 guys inside

vCash
    I agree. But if crazy injuries happen (like we have seen in recent years), we have the luxury of using a young big man rather than moving a walk-on 2 guard to the 4 spot. As all have stated, our roster is in better shape and I am glad for that.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Stevens View Post
    I'm very glad Black got into school. Now at our 4/5 spots, we can shuffle around Daniels, Ware, Johnson, Ndoye, Zuppardo and Black. That's 3-deep at each position where we literally had 3 players rotating at those two positions the last two years. I'm glad to have the luxury to bring in a big body for a foul or two and give our starters a blow. This will make a difference. **Steering this thread back on topic**
    Improved depth can only help. I wonder if Staley will play and where he fits in also? I am assuming Bear Wilson is done with basketball at MSU? Wish he wasn't. I know that's not a popular choice around here but he has beefed up more and he's already a gifted rebounder plus his twitter background is him winning Mr. Basketball in Alabama so he must still have some passion for basketball I would assume. He has a very bright future as a WR though so I certainly don't want to jeopardize that.

vCash
    Staley is slated to hoop it up. Wilson is done

Staley is a legit player- whereas Wilson was just an athlete playing

Banned
    vCash

Well so far so good with the minimal roster casualties from last year to this year. Long way still to go till game 1 tip but besides Davis (which wasn't much of a loss) Ray has been able to keep the roster intact and add another player to it in Zuppardo. He has all of his signees now able to practice and should get another athlete/player in Staley right after the new year starts. If the roster stays healthy and we don't have any casualties I don't see any reason why Ray shouldn't be able to win 20 games. He returns more starters minutes than just about every other team in the SEC and it might actually be the most (anyone care to look it up).

vCash

Must be a hell of an athlete to be Mr. Basketball in his state. I don't think either of these guys will ever contribute to the basketball team. Its just too much to ask and Ray obviously isn't comfortable throwing those guys into his established rotation.