Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
In all my years I?ve never seen the batter walk and the baserunner make an out by over sliding.must keep watching to see how our next 17 happens. Just like yesterday Dakota just running into second baseman foe a double play.or Dakota throwing home and letting runner advance to second. Shit 12 year old don?t do..
i've seen it quite a bit. in fact the rule in high school fast pitch recently was changed to where a walked batter COULD overrun first just like on a grounder as long as they didn't make a move toward second. we've had a play for years where we throw to first on a walk to catch the runner doing this exact thing. and it works. even in the big leagues. i remember jonny damon stealing on a 3-2 pitch and doing a pop up slide into second after ball 4, i believe against the yankees, and when he popped up his foot came off the bag and joe west correctly punched him out. the key is having a defender know to keep the tag on.

but in general your point still stands. we do make some really dumb plays that leave me scratching my head almost every game.