Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
Yes, and Demetric Wright was the DB. Wright may be the worst starting CB I've ever seen at State.

Kelly was in my psychology class back in the day. He graced us with his presence about half the time at best. When he did, he would stroll down the long aisle of the Dorman auditorium about 15 minutes late and sit in a separate desk at the front over to the side. Too big to sit in a normal seat. He'd stay only for about 20 minutes and then stroll out the same way he came in. Most physically imposing human being I'd ever seen in person, and still second most to this day behind Jeff Simmons.

I would never have pegged Kelly as a leader of anything, but clearly people grow up and change, so good for him.
When my son was probably elementary, you could wait outside the locker room after the games to meet players or for for an autograph. Tommy came out and while signing my son's program, all he did was complain that they had given a sack in the game to the other DT instead of him. Glad he has this opportunity and hope he is successful and maybe understands team now. Hail Tommy! Hail State! Maybe he will rep State better than Dontae Walker. Last photo I saw of him he was giving a motivational speech to HS players in a Jackson HS and was wearing a bama cap.