Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Game 2 vs Arkansas.

vCash
    Huge damn win!

vCash
    Great win tonight! If we can sweep Mizzou and go 18–12 I would think that would get us the host spot. Going 2-1 against Mizzou should put us on the edge. This team has really improved and if you had told me right before SEC play started we have a chance to host I would not have believed it. At the very least we secured a 2 seed tonight

vCash
    One game behind am for second place in the west. Got the one win we needed now let's win the series. Big win!

vCash
    I guess at least scUM winning might make our loss there a bit prettier. Still trying to put lipstick on that pig.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    One game behind am for second place in the west. Got the one win we needed now let's win the series. Big win!
    Word!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I thought you said we would get swept?
    You obviously don?t read. The reverse psychology worked for an inning last night.

vCash
    I might start Pico with Ligon coming in behind him. Lord if those 2 guys could combine for a solid 6 innings we would have a shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brobi-wan View Post
    I guess at least scUM winning might make our loss there a bit prettier. Still trying to put lipstick on that pig.
    Hate to see them win but that should help our rpi. Silver lining and all

vCash
    Well I be damn. State proved me wrong, 8 runs was enough. Glad to see it. DJ also performed up to his potential and I'm really happy for him too. Hopefully he can continue that tomorrow and finally be out of his slump

vCash
    The keys were our offense getting Tygart out early, and pressuring Arkansas early while running up their pitch counts. Then Auger took the momentum away from them once they started the comeback.

vCash
    Great win for #15 SEC victory. Loved how we pitched to win tonight and let tomorrow take care of itself! We may have more arms left than them and can win 14-12 or so tomorrow and win a great series over a Top 5 team on the road! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Great win tonight! If we can sweep Mizzou and go 18–12 I would think that would get us the host spot. Going 2-1 against Mizzou should put us on the edge. This team has really improved and if you had told me right before SEC play started we have a chance to host I would not have believed it. At the very least we secured a 2 seed tonight
    Dude, we're 100% hosting. Go ahead and make your reservations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Great win for #15 SEC victory. Loved how we pitched to win tonight and let tomorrow take care of itself! We may have more arms left than them and can win 14-12 or so tomorrow and win a great series over a Top 5 team on the road! Hail State!
    To score 14, We gonna have to start finding some key hits when we have the bases loaded. We've been abysmal this series with ducks on the pond (25 left on base these last 2 games).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Dude, we're 100% hosting. Go ahead and make your reservations.
    Need two more wins IMO. Right now it's between us and South Carolina for the fifth bid and our RPI's are almost the same but we have more SEC wins and they have Tennessee in Knoxville next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Hey he proved me wrong. Had a hell of night outside of the backwards K. But a great night in the field and at the plate. He needs to do it again tomorrow.
    It's baseball - he ain't gonna slump forever. Heck I had given up on kohler and suddenly he eats wheaties for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Need two more wins IMO. Right now it's between us and South Carolina for the fifth bid and our RPI's are almost the same but we have more SEC wins and they have Tennessee in Knoxville next week.
    I think you mean sixth bid. Georgia was in the mix also, but with their sweeps of Vandy and South Carolina they should now host for sure. So if the SEC gets 6 hosts it is us and South Carolina for the last spot. Bama has played their way out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This. We got the one we needed and a win tom is Lagniappe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I think you mean sixth bid. Georgia was in the mix also, but with their sweeps of Vandy and South Carolina they should now host for sure. So if the SEC gets 6 hosts it is us and South Carolina for the last spot. Bama has played their way out.
    SEC will get at least 7 host spots
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brobi-wan View Post
    I think our pitching is in better shape for tomorrow than theirs. At the worst, we?re in equal shape and we are statistically the better hitting team. Let?s hope we can keep the crowd quiet early tomorrow.
    Molina, the Arkansas Sunday starter was the Texas Tech Friday guy. FYI

MSU wanted Molina from the portal. Would be Friday at most schools

Will be huge to win, but it will be tough as expected

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    SEC will get at least 7 host spots
    If so, we are in. Kentucky, Arkansas, Georgia, Texas AM, and Tennessee will host. That’s five. Then us and South Carolina fight for 6 and 7.