Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
Lemonis did everything he could do short of driving to Birmingham and punching out some review officials. The umpires on the field though could've solved it quick if they had ejected long then I believe none of that other stuff happens. This was an embarrassment for the sec and college baseball. Absolutely pathetic on the folks in Birmingham. I wished somebody would punch Wes Johnson in the throat though lol!
I'm not exactly sure they would have kicked him out if the SEC didn't make them. One thing that isn't being talked about enough IMO is the runner slid into him and that's really what started it. And that is something that the umpire is supposed to eject players for. Sure there was pushing and talking but there were no punches thrown. And I don't really have that big of a problem with Georgia's runner sliding into him and not getting ejected because it's a baseball play and it's a bang bang play.

To me it sets a potentially bad precedent. Hey, take out the catcher or talk smack to them and we can get the other team completely ejected. Just everyone that goes out on the field make sure you're wearing a hoodie. Is this really how the SEC wants to interpret the rules?