Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lafayette County's favorite University making huge waves

vCash

Lafayette County's favorite University making huge waves

The program with multiple nicknames proving you don't have to be a Blue Blood to build a playoff team though the portal. They are cleaning up on Defense!

Oktibbeha County's favorite University continues to fall further behind, finding themselves struggling to keep pace with Nashville's only FBS program.

vCash
    Yes, yes they are. They are absolute masters of the portal. We look like we don't know WTF we're doing. Hopefully we'll get there.

vCash
    We need to have a Merry Flipmas!!!

vCash
    It's easier coming off a 10 win season with a staff that's been there a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    It's easier coming off a 10 win season with a staff that's been there a while.
    It?s easier when everyone from top to bottom pulls the rope in the same direction. The marketing, social media presence, perception of being fun and cool, to the grove collective all play a part. And it?s been a consistent message of positivity since Lane got there. In game entertainment and environment plus improved facilities help too. People here that think we?re not that far behind them could not be further from the truth. To credit Selmon , had he not made a change, the gap would be as big as I can remember. We had a little separation early in Mullen?s tenure but not like this. We have to understand that everything we do matters. We can?t go cheap anymore. It?s time to step up and play ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    It?s easier when everyone from top to bottom pulls the rope in the same direction. The marketing, social media presence, perception of being fun and cool, to the grove collective all play a part. And it?s been a consistent message of positivity since Lane got there. In game entertainment and environment plus improved facilities help too. People here that think we?re not that far behind them could not be further from the truth. To credit Selmon , had he not made a change, the gap would be as big as I can remember. We had a little separation early in Mullen?s tenure but not like this. We have to understand that everything we do matters. We can?t go cheap anymore. It?s time to step up and play ball.
    Bravo!!! This is the truth and we are way behind. Its a tough row for us to hoe but a least we have begun to try to catch up.

vCash
    They are prepared to spend big money on Nolan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    They are prepared to spend big money on Nolan.
    Let me add, this makes sense for them but not us. This may be the best chance they have to make the playoffs in the next 10 years.

vCash
    I seem to recall that Texas A&M put together top 5 after top 5 recruiting/portal classes for 5/6 years in a row with a NC pedigree coach. Saw one 10+ win out of all of that. It doesn't matter how many 4 and 5 star players you put in a class if they aren't all on the same page. We came within a couple of missed field goals and a bad targeting call of putting a loss on that fabulous group of current tsun recruiting classes.
    So chill on all of this doom and gloom regarding the recruiting classes being assembled, Coach Lebby will put together what he needs to be successful and it won't take as long as you think.

vCash
    You have to realize that they know this is their best chance to be competitive in the playoff. They are playing the weakest schedule in the sec and returning many key players. It would be dumb for them not to go out and spend this money. We need to be smart and spend our money on players that we will have longer with. Next year after we have a season with Lebby we can look at what positions we really need and go spend our big dollars there.

vCash
    Concur. We're behind, but we can gain ground on them. One of our biggest issues is the negativity of many of our more active fans on MBs/Social Media. No one sh_ts on MSU, Starkville, our players, coaches, etc., like MSU fans. Recruits, current players and their friends/family members read these boards./posts I don't know how we overcome that? We claim to be family, but we're a dysfunctional family in many cases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MabenMaroon View Post
    I seem to recall that Texas A&M put together top 5 after top 5 recruiting/portal classes for 5/6 years in a row with a NC pedigree coach. Saw one 10+ win out of all of that. It doesn't matter how many 4 and 5 star players you put in a class if they aren't all on the same page. We came within a couple of missed field goals and a bad targeting call of putting a loss on that fabulous group of current tsun recruiting classes.
    So chill on all of this doom and gloom regarding the recruiting classes being assembled, Coach Lebby will put together what he needs to be successful and it won't take as long as you think.
    A&M?s problem wasn?t talent it was Jimbo and Bjork. They got rid of half the problem. You can not win a SEC championship without elite talent. In this era of college football it is statistically impossible. You have to assemble 4 & 5 star talent.

Banned
    vCash
    A&M?s problem wasn?t talent it was Jimbo and Bjork. They got rid of half the problem. You can not win a SEC championship without elite talent. In this era of college football it is statistically impossible. You have to assemble 4 & 5 star talent.
    I'm not sure what TAMU problem is but it wasn't just Jimbo. He won a NC before. TAMU always had talent but have never won even before Jimbo and Bjork. I'll believe TAMU will win when I see them win, I don't care what they do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I'm not sure what TAMU problem is but it wasn't just Jimbo. He won a NC before. TAMU always had talent but have never won even before Jimbo and Bjork. I'll believe TAMU will win when I see them win, I don't care what they do.
    Jimbo is a terrible coach. He proved it year after year at aTm. He was THE problem. They had plenty of talent at aTm to win a National Championship and never even sniffed winning the SEC.

He had an elite QB with elite talent at FSU and played in a weak conference.

vCash
    Lots of Rebels or wannabe Rebs in this thread. Why don’t y’all go on to Oxford and stop downing our program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Lots of Rebels or wannabe Rebs in this thread. Why don’t y’all go on to Oxford and stop downing our program.
    I bet ole miss fans love reading this board these days. Its embarrassing.

vCash
    Lane has a National perception as a fun coach, a talented coach, a players coach, but more importantly he has a National Pedigree Perception. Like it or not, they made the right decision to get him and pay to keep him. And apparently he likes being there and loves recruiting! He is a personality. He is a dynamic coach. Their alumni are grooming their program to be a part of the future of college football!

State is behind! And we damn well better start playing the game better to try and catch up!

We expect another bad year in 2024! That is unacceptable. We cannot afford another bad year in 2024. But hey, we have great Javelin chuckers and women's golf and soccer teams. So we got that going for us!

vCash
    17 this thread. I don?t give a rip what the school up there is doing. Quit giving them the time of day

Y?all want to talk about pulling in the same direction. Well how bout you quit praising them and bashing us in the same thread. That would be a good start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I bet ole miss fans love reading this board these days. Its embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    17 this thread. I don?t give a rip what the school up there is doing. Quit giving them the time of day

Y?all want to talk about pulling in the same direction. Well how bout you quit praising them and bashing us in the same thread. That would be a good start
    To me, there is nothing sadder on this planet than a State fan that's an om apologist...I don't know how they look themselves in the mirror in the morning??

vCash
    Amazes me how many Msu fans keep up with Ole Dixie. I could care less what they do, Things have evened out since the JWS early days at Msu.