Thread: A lil recruiting update

vCash

A lil recruiting update

vCash

Noticed some Rebs bragging yesterday that Leo Lewis was in Oxford over the weekend

and is going back again this weekend, or so it's been said. I just don't believe UM gets him.

vCash
    I suggest for everyone to pull up a chair and relax on Leo's recruitment. It's gonna be a long one with a bunch of twist and turns. Ole Miss was always going to get a strong look. Brookhaven's HC is pro Ole Miss and an even bigger Hugh Freeze fan. He's very in to Freeze's religious aspect. I'm not negatively inferring anything about the Broohaven HC. Just saying what it is. It's going to be a battle for the Leo Lewis NLI.

vCash
    Also worth noting: the juco safety we offered, Gene Anderson, isn't correct. I base my offer info off the 247 database and was told that must have been a glitch. Apparently he was a class of 07 guy that for no apparent reason popped back up showing a 2015 offer in the database. Kinda funny. I'm probably one of the few people who read recruiting databases so I would be the one to get burned...
    Last edited by BeastMan; 03-31-2014 at 02:18 PM.

vCash
    There is no denying that our defense has a much higher ceiling than TSUN's. If I were a high school kid, I want Collins in my corner anyday of the week
    ?The nose of the Bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go?

vCash
    From what I understand about Leo, and this is just from stuff I've read on other boards, what was a 2 horse race between MSU and Bama is now a 3 horse race with MSU, Bama, and Ole Miss tied. Will probably stay that way until NSD.

vCash
    You know UM is gonna throwing out the "Collins is gonna be leaving" stuff.. We'll be fighting that the entire year.

vCash
    Is that you Coach Freezus? Really, stay off the "other" boards. I live in Brookhaven, Leo and TSUN are like oil and water, not happening...
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritual_machine2005 View Post
    From what I understand about Leo, and this is just from stuff I've read on other boards, what was a 2 horse race between MSU and Bama is now a 3 horse race with MSU, Bama, and Ole Miss tied. Will probably stay that way until NSD.

vCash
    I was told he is a msu lock unless saban wants him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post
    I was told he is a msu lock unless saban wants him
    Saban wants him...Leo and Peters are priorities to Bama.

Dear, Adams, Patterson are wants. Not sure on the level of priority they have for Gabe Campbell and DJ Jones, but the have Bama offers...

For reference, Alabama has 8 offers out to Mississippi kids already in this cycle. They've only got 13 offers on the table inside their own state, and 3 of those players in Bama have at least some CB predictions to MSU(2 of their offers are rumored to be uncommittable at this time)...

Just goes to show the talent in MS in this cycle...

vCash
    bama is also really weak this cycle, so bama and aub will be looking for a lot of out of state talent.

vCash

And yet we still won't beat them in that damn all star game. This year however may

be our year. We'll have better QB play this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    be our year. We'll have better QB play this year.

Scout doesn't have a single QB ranked from the state of AL right now. That is very rare. There is typically at least one guy that is next level caliber. The talent is MS is legit this year and it's definitely going to be a weaker year in the state of AL. This is going to be a very crazy recruiting cycle because there will be a lot of good schools raiding our territory.