Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Be The DC?

vCash
    Allen was so good at om and was about the only time they've had a decent defense and he was great at game planning against a teams strength and very good recruiter too. And his defenses are aggressive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Allen was so good at om and was about the only time they've had a decent defense and he was great at game planning against a teams strength and very good recruiter too. And his defenses are aggressive
    Yes sir, I'd be on the phone with him Monday to see if he was interested.

vCash
    Throw the money at Durkin or even Allen. Doesn’t matter cause you save on the OC side of it all. Lebby is gonna call the plays regardless on the O. Just make sure you hire the right guy on D…

vCash
    There's going to be a lot of suitors for Allen and Durkin. Both of those are top DC candidates on the market.

Lebby has to build a staff pretty quick. When would he get to know his budget typically? Durkin makes 1.6 mil per year. He might sit out a year if they fire him and collect his money before making a decision. Durkin and Allen will be highly sought after as well, and command big money. I could see Lebby paying bigger money for a DC so he can focus more on the offensive side of the ball.

vCash
    You can bet Lebby has reached out already to some DC's
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    It's amazing how bad they've handled their whole situation there... it's truly a thing to marvel...
    Because Bjork somehow fell ass backward into one of the most powerful AD jobs in the NCAA. Literally unfathomable. The boosters obviously wanted an AD they could control.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 11-26-2023 at 07:01 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I'd keep an eye on Scott Symons at SMU.

Another guy I'd look at is Greg Gasparato at Troy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'd keep an eye on Scott Symons at SMU.

Another guy I'd look at is Greg Gasparato at Troy.
    Both are really good

vCash
    I just looked up Indiana'a defensive numbers. They're concerning.

vCash
    So were Arnett's this year....but he's a good DC and will land a good job

vCash
    They weren't when he had sec talent. And he's a great game planner and recruiter

vCash
    It's not a DC but Nick Griffin is fired up on X...also said...now bring back Balis

vCash
    Geoff Collins?

vCash
    Looks like Durkin will be available if we want him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Looks like Durkin will be available if we want him.
    Wasnt Durkin the dc at OM when Lebby was the OC? Can you imagine that egg bowl next year. Durkin knows Kiffens offense and Lebby knows Kiffen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    It's not a DC but Nick Griffin is fired up on X...also said...now bring back Balis
    The S&C coach is the most important hire on the staff. Balis should be target number 1. I like Tyson brown a lot and would keep him, he does a very good job. The fact that our kids fought at the end has a lot to do with him and the strength coaches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Wasnt Durkin the dc at OM when Lebby was the OC? Can you imagine that egg bowl next year. Durkin knows Kiffens offense and Lebby knows Kiffen.
    If we get Durkin as DC next years EB is gonna be WILD.

vCash
    I bet Durkin is aiming first for a HC gig. That's what he really wants badly. perhaps for that open Duke job. If he doesn't get a HC gig, we need to through 1.5 minimum at him. He's honestly the best guy available IMO. Throw a number at him and make him say no, then move to the next guy.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    He’s already turning perry central around in one season. He’s the real deal. I also know he’s on this page. And posts.

vCash
    Maybe we should take a chance on Glenn Schumann at Georgia? Dude is apparently a football genius. He has been with Saban and is now Kirby Smart's right hand man at Georgia. He's the co-DC there and turned down the Philadelphia Eagles to be their DC. He may be ready to branch out and get out from under Kirby Smart and Will Muschamp's wings and be his own guy.

Based on what he did at Bama I think he could be very valuable with recruiting and setting up our program from that standpoint.