Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Just a Hypothetical Scenario

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    LOL at the idea that McDaniel is running a run first offense in Miami.
    He said that he runs it almost as much as he passes it. His offense this year is 55/45 pass run split. So, I'm struggling to see where he is wrong.

vCash
    Neither one of those QBs can operate a drop back passing scheme.
    Sure.

vCash
    Need to hire a coach who is exceptional at evaluating, recruiting and developing QBs. The rest can be worked out.

vCash

If MSU hires Petrino, I will no longer be a lifelong fan.

Petrino should NEVER be in the discussion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Petrino should NEVER be in the discussion.
    Wow. Nothing like Freeze, Briles, etc....
    But ok. While I'm not sure I would be real excited about the hire, at this point I would be absolutely fine with it. His 1 issue was a long time ago. And nothing compared to those others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Wow. Nothing like Freeze, Briles, etc....
    But ok. While I'm not sure I would be real excited about the hire, at this point I would be absolutely fine with it. His 1 issue was a long time ago. And nothing compared to those others.
    Exactly. Petrino is good candidate. He's not my first choice by far but we could do a hell of a lot worse than Bobby Petrino. I like preachers in church on Sunday not coaching football teams on Saturdays.

vCash
    Petrino isn't a good candidate because the game has passed him by. His second Louisville tenure wasn't good, and he was fired after going 2-8. His tenure at Missouri State wasn't good either.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Petrino isn't a good candidate because the game has passed him by. His second Louisville tenure wasn't good, and he was fired after going 2-8. His tenure at Missouri State wasn't good either.
    Seems to be working pretty good for Jimbo. His WKU tenure was pretty good. He also had one losing season at Missouri State. I know you want a wet behind the ears coach that's air raid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Exactly. Petrino is good candidate. He's not my first choice by far but we could do a hell of a lot worse than Bobby Petrino. I like preachers in church on Sunday not coaching football teams on Saturdays.
    Why does it matter to so many the morals of a FB coach? Especially in this day and age where you have to get down in the mud to be successful. If it was a high school FB coach then yea I might get it, but not a college football coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Seems to be working pretty good for Jimbo. His WKU tenure was pretty good. He also had one losing season at Missouri State. I know you want a wet behind the ears coach that's air raid.
    I want a coach that has the potential to be great. I see all these young coaches succeeding in the NFL, and I want to see that in college. So, yeah. I want someone that is wet behind the ears who hasn't been polluted by conventional wisdom when it comes to scheming. I want an offensive minded coach who isn't afraid to use analytics in his decision making process.

vCash
    I want a coach that has the potential to be great. I see all these young coaches succeeding in the NFL, and I want to see that in college. So, yeah. I want someone that is wet behind the ears who hasn't been polluted by conventional wisdom when it comes to scheming. I want an offensive minded coach who isn't afraid to use analytics in his decision making process.
    Not sure how much they use analytics but someone that is ahead of the curve like a GJ Kinne or any of the modified Air Raid guys would be good pick ups. Possibly an OC like a Lebby or Sean Lewis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Not sure how much they use analytics but someone that is ahead of the curve like a GJ Kinne or any of the modified Air Raid guys would be good pick ups. Possibly an OC like a Lebby or Sean Lewis.
    Kinne has been around Howie Roseman, so that is a plus. Jeff Lebby is 39. Sean Lewis is 37. GJ Kinne is 34. Those are my top three. Garrett Riley (34) and Zach Kittley (32) would round out my top 5. My wild card would be Brian Johnson (36).

vCash
    LOL at the idea that McDaniel is running a run first offense in Miami.
    I know I won't get an honest answer because you're incapable of that, but why do you think your favorite coach wasted 525 plays the past 1.25 years with run plays? I mean he's so smart and running the football is 'obviously' retarded. Is he just dumb?

vCash
    Gundy will never happen. He is Mr Cowboy.

MSU could get the other dudes on your list. Dykes left SMU for TCU. That means he likes promotions. Would be cool if MSU took Beamer so I could dunk on USCe friends. "Y'all are MSU's minor league farm school."