Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Illuminating thread on Will...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    I wish some of you would transfer out. I work with a whole bunch of LSU fans and some of you are worse. What these 18-23 yr old kids do on a field any given Saturday, does not affect my day. If we win great, if we don?t then so be it. Some of you just need a life and quit hating on these kids. If you are indeed so passionate about coaching then you need to go get into coaching otherwise shut up and sit down.
    Useless. Let's rip on fans for being fans.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I wish some of you would transfer out. I work with a whole bunch of LSU fans and some of you are worse. What these 18-23 yr old kids do on a field any given Saturday, does not affect my day. If we win great, if we don?t then so be it. Some of you just need a life and quit hating on these kids. If you are indeed so passionate about coaching then you need to go get into coaching otherwise shut up and sit down.
    I don’t buy this whole argument anymore. These kids are simipro athletes now, a lot of them make 2-3 times what I make and that’s not including all the benefits from the university to play this sport. Most of us are extremely invested time, energy, financially, prayerfully. These boys have to step up or move aside because there is to much invested by everyone including the players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I don’t buy this whole argument anymore. These kids are simipro athletes now, a lot of them make 2-3 times what I make and that’s not including all the benefits from the university to play this sport. Most of us are extremely invested time, energy, financially, prayerfully. These boys have to step up or move aside because there is to much invested by everyone including the players.
    Yep. Once you start accepting money to play a game, you lose any protection afforded as an "amateur" athlete. It may have been farcical for at least 15 years before NIL, but it was at least still a fig leaf of cover. Now take the heat or leave. Treat the programs and players as mercs, because that's what they are.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I love how Will represents us he?s a classy good dude and a pretty good passer. Wills problem is he has zero escape ability, he?s just not athletic and that?s not his fault it?s just genetics. I?ve watched qbs all day long escape and make plays that wills just not capable of making. Will gives us everything he has and balls out and is a great competitor, but in this day and age you have to have a mobile qb. We got a lot of issues to fix on both sides of the ball let?s hope we can get some things fixed and I hope Will can find a way to help give us a successful season because we need him if we?re gonna do anything this year.

vCash
    Our offense is not built or schemed to play from behind, our new scheme is not built to play from behind. If you don?t stretch the field it does not matter who is taking snaps. If you take 3 steps back and have to move laterally ever play because a lineman is getting beat then-it doesn?t matter who is receiving the snap. Especially when your receivers are running 7-9 yard routes. Say all you want it was an all around ass whipping today. Not one side of the ball was better than the rest. Playing off of receivers and expecting a safety to cover is not a recipe for success.
    This goes back to Arnett. He should have hired a better o line coach. He should have hired a DC that's held that position before. I get that he wanted to keep his system, fine. Then you call the plays and teach your DC. Don't just throw him out there day one.

For now, they better put something together because it's looking ugly right now.

And to silent, maybe you should be. I donate a lot of money to MSU and spend a lot of money in Starkville many weekend during the year as do a lot on this board. As someone mentioned, they are not only getting paid now but get health, dental, room, board, etc. Do you know how much college costs these days? They get this for playing a sport that we're supporting. I challenge you to start putting money in the BI (bulldog initiative since you probably don't know what that means) and then get back to me if you think we should"transfer"

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I love how Will represents us he?s a classy good dude and a pretty good passer. Wills problem is he has zero escape ability, he?s just not athletic and that?s not his fault it?s just genetics. I?ve watched qbs all day long escape and make plays that wills just not capable of making. Will gives us everything he has and balls out and is a great competitor, but in this day and age you have to have a mobile qb. We got a lot of issues to fix on both sides of the ball let?s hope we can get some things fixed and I hope Will can find a way to help give us a successful season because we need him if we?re gonna do anything this year.
    There's been plenty of those who bleed Maroon. Will is no different. He's gifted with talents more than most. But he just simply doesn't have enough talents anymore to compete at the level we need. He needs to just plant his feet and throw because his footwork doesn't extend any play. He has the drive to win and get better; however he don't got the tools.

I don't know if Wright does, but I don't want to watch another single digit yard performance again. Too much money goes to this school for that. Iowa has a better offense to watch than we do right now. That's not good.

Banned
    vCash
    He had 33 yards passing in the first half. 33. Damn, Starkville High QB could do better than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    This goes back to Arnett. He should have hired a better o line coach. He should have hired a DC that's held that position before. I get that he wanted to keep his system, fine. Then you call the plays and teach your DC. Don't just throw him out there day one.

For now, they better put something together because it's looking ugly right now.

And to silent, maybe you should be. I donate a lot of money to MSU and spend a lot of money in Starkville many weekend during the year as do a lot on this board. As someone mentioned, they are not only getting paid now but get health, dental, room, board, etc. Do you know how much college costs these days? They get this for playing a sport that we're supporting. I challenge you to start putting money in the BI (bulldog initiative since you probably don't know what that means) and then get back to me if you think we should"transfer"
    Ha my man you are so far off you might as well be in space. I am CURRENTLY paying for 2 students attending Mississippi State. I know all to well what it costs being that one is on campus with a little bit of scholarship help 25 on ACT (freshman) so living on campus. And my oldest is getting his Masters in Aerospace engineering. And thankfully Aurora is helping a little there.

So unless you know something for fact don?t try and get personal. I have given Mississippi State roughly 350k in my lifetime between my wife?s degree and post grad degree and now working on getting my second kid through school. And I WILL NOT be donating a single dollar to BI, have not nor will I ever. If they want to take a portion of my season tickets as BI that is one thing but I WILL NOT directly give to any affiliate that is in the process of ruining amateur athletics. It was always suspect now it is outright a business and school tuitions are going up due to it.

Also, I played collegiate sports and I know what it takes to maintain academic standards while playing a sport in college. I did it without pay and still paid off my student loans inside of 5 years post grad. It can be done without handouts.

Banned
    vCash
    I think SilentSteel16 is onto something. The big screen TV and the blackstone grill are nice investments to watch college football. The Admin @ MSU made a rash decision when Leach passed away and the Arnett ego(fueled by visible on field emotion) totally revamped the O and now tells the team to just react and to not show emotion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Will is not a gamer. He can't man up to the occasion and take over a game. In this day, your QB has to have the ability to take over a game (as LSUs did) when needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Oh and another thing. First you say a QB is no more important than a LG because its a team sport, but now you want to give Will the credit for all his wins and stats? You're such a hypocrite
    I guess the same way you take it all away from
    Him. It took a team effort to do all of those good records and it took a team
    Effort to make all of those bad ones yesterday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    The vast majority of them could care less about you or if we win or lose. Coaches have absolutely no leverage on them anymore. College football is dead, I will still watch and j will still enjoy the good times because I love State. But it?s over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I guess the same way you take it all away from
    Him. It took a team effort to do all of those good records and it took a team
    Effort to make all of those bad ones yesterday
    Highly Doubt. It was not like the WRs were dropping balls that hit their chests (Fitz), it just was no where in the vicinity. Starts and end with the QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vindastra View Post
    Highly Doubt. It was not like the WRs were dropping balls that hit their chests (Fitz), it just was no where in the vicinity. Starts and end with the QB.
    Yeah they were great just like they were in 22

vCash
    There's a lot of issues. The answer to none of them is Will. We must move on from him and it's way past time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The vast majority of them could care less about you or if we win or lose. Coaches have absolutely no leverage on them anymore. College football is dead, I will still watch and j will still enjoy the good times because I love State. But it?s over.
    Man I won’t disagree. But at the end of the day markets speak and when the coach sits you and you don’t perform guess what evenly runs out the money. NIL will stop once you stop playing or performing.