Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How long is the leash?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    True, when I say split down the middle I don't mean literally. Every game is different, there may be a game where Rogers plays 75% of the game and Wright plays 25%, then there may be games where Wright plays 60% and Rogers 40%... It all depends on the flow of a game and what the defense gives. Again, I still say Rogers should start but Wright needs reps in every single game also, trust me there is going to be a point in the year where Wright uses his legs to either win a game or get us out of trouble.
    Rogers is the starter. Will remain the starter.

Wright is the backup and will play limited reps.

Saying that Wright is the bomb dot com based off of what he did vs SELA is a bit ridiculous.

vCash
    I am not for making a change at the moment. Will has earned the right to be the starter. However, let's not forget how bad he and the offense were against Ole Miss and Illinois. When someone's play is substandard against LSU or Alabama talent, it easy to give them a break, not so when it is Ole Miss and Illinois.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    100% agree on all this! I think Rogers will be fine BUT if he can?t get it done CZA will give Wright a shot. CZA didn?t take the job to make players happy and be their friend he?s here to win. Notice he benched furdge in second half and went with Decarlos because Furdge blew some coverages and gave up td pass.
    Purvis for Page too

vCash
    A change is only made if the offense is losing a game and Mike comes in and takes charger and starts putting points on the board. Could happen Saturday or may never happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post

Saying that Wright is the bomb dot com based off of what he did vs SELA is a bit ridiculous.
    If Will is off target and ineffective again in the first half Saturday, he could and should be benched.

There's no reason for a 3-year starter to look that bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    If Will is off target and ineffective again in the first half Saturday, he could and should be benched.

He was 14 for 20 (70%) for 175 yards and 1 TD in the first half Sat. He was not his sharpest but there is not a coach in the country pulling a starting QB on pace for 350 yards passing and 0 INT's after that first half. That's a moronic take.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post

Do you even read before posting? I've said on numerous occasions that Will is our starting QB. I've also said Wright will be used alot as well, especially depending on matchups.

Please tell me where I said "Wright is the bomb dot com". I said Wright is too explosive to keep off the field, obviously the coaches see the same thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Purvis for Page too
    Youre right. I forgot about that one. Page kept jumping inside and not setting the edge and was pretty much responsible for them getting the yards outside they were getting in the first half. That changed with Purvis replacing him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Youre right. I forgot about that one. Page kept jumping inside and not setting the edge and was pretty much responsible for them getting the yards outside they were getting in the first half. That changed with Purvis replacing him.
    Ever since the Georgia game I have been saying Pervis deserves to be out there he is to good. I hope he turned whatever corner he needed to mentally to get on the field.

vCash

He wasn't really off target in general. Not enough to warrant benching him for sure. He just wasn't asked to attack downfield enough. I don't believe that was totally his fault in this case.

vCash
    We played a lot of players and didn't even remotely open the playbook. Will had about 4 bad throws/reads total. This is a stupid topic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We played a lot of players and didn't even remotely open the playbook. Will had about 4 bad throws/reads total. This is a stupid topic.
    Retweet!

If he sucks this week then yeah we might be able to broach this subject again. You guys just hate him to hate him. Is it warranted on a skill level? Sometimes, but let’s see what he does in a new system against real opponents before we burn him at the stake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Good point. Matt Wyatt in his analysis was talking about how many freshmen we played on defense to get them reps in the fourth and we were still getting three and outs on SELA's offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    He was 14 for 20 (70%) for 175 yards and 1 TD in the first half Sat. He was not his sharpest but there is not a coach in the country pulling a starting QB on pace for 350 yards passing and 0 INT's after that first half. That's a moronic take.
    It's like insantiy has set in. It's as bad as saying he won't take shots down field because he cant... and we all know that's not true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I can’t wait to see how awful he plays in the egg bowl.

His best egg bowl was as a true Freshman. He’s gotten progressively worse in that game each year.

vCash

His best egg bowl was as a true Freshman. He’s gotten progressively worse in that game each year.
    Lol.. . Wow.

vCash

He played like crap last Egg Bowl, doesn't have a thing to do with your horrible take about Sat. Or the fact you are trying steer the topic away from that take earlier.

vCash
    Will is the QB until he shows he isnt. I'm hoping he gets adjusted soon to the new offense
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Leach's Past Air Raids weren't dink & dunk.
    Well nobody was playing 3 high then either, but for the most part yes they were dink and dunk not as bad as here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Not a chance in hell. Let the offense struggle in a couple of games with us losing them and a change will be made.

People for some reason think there was an actual QB competition in camp and they chose Rogers. No. That didnt happen. A new HC and OC had no choice but to start Rogers regardless of the performance of the QB's in camp. There was no way they could replace Rogers in the beginning. It would be a PR nightmare for them.

I'm in no way saying a change needs to be made or will be made. However, if the offense struggles- then you can bet they will want to put the guy in there that can run the ball and force the defense to account for him also in the run game.
    Ok. Man free 2 off the edge to the RB side your zone read is dead. Power read? Same deal. Man free backside ILB blitz to the rb side you cant block 3 with 2. Throw it and beat me Mike Wright vs man free. Good luck.