Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
Also, we don't know what would happen at Georgia because Stricklin never had a season as bad as Lemonis's last 2. Stricklin's predecessor David Perno was up and down over the years, but Georgia never gave him the chance to have 2 straight awful years, much less 3:

If 2012-13 was a bad enough 2-year stretch for Georgia to can Perno, despite his 3 Omaha appearances and a runner up, 2022-23 should be bad enough for a program of our higher stature and fan interest to can Lemonis, despite the good things he's good in his career.
He wasn't fired for 2 bad years, he was let go for 5 years with 1 SEC winning season and two total NCAA Tournament victories across two appearances and no hosting.

Fact of the matter is that in 2021 our pitching looked mediocre because we would let guys work through their bs in games and we looked trash at points (Swept by Ark, Barely beat Tulane, Lost a home series to Mizzou, double run ruled at Hoover.) Then we re-set and a lot of guys other than Macleod hit their stride.

2022 we had insane injury luck. Sims going down demoralized our team. I still think he was headed for the history books with 20+ Ks and a perfect game that night against Tulane. He looked as unhittable as I've ever seen. When you win a title, you get a mulligan year as assistants. We all felt in 2021 that Foxhall was trash after the mizzou series. But then we all ate crow on the run to the title.

So along comes 2023 and yea, it looks shaky to start and we have injuries. So you're giving it leeway to figure it out. Some of you would have fired him after Vandy, I get why but a natty earns you time to work it out. Pitching started looking better after we had a couple of good outings against at the time the best team in the nation (SCar also got bit by the injury bug but before that they looked like the odds on favorite). Alabama and Ole Miss we won the series and pitching looked relatively stable again. We go on the road to Auburn and really that Sunday game was what soured the fanbase. We don't blow that game and maybe Scott still has a job. But you don't fire a guy over that, especially when we lost a 2-1 game friday night. It wasn't his fault and we battled back ourselves on Saturday so the team didn't look lost. Then you have the Tennessee series. Team looked lost. It was time. And Lemonis did fire him then. Didn't work to save this season but that was naturally where it should have ended.

Find me the college baseball coach fired two years after winning the title. Especially winning that school's first ever title. I'll wait.

Lemonis knows he's got one year left to turn it around. We start out 0-6 with the level of performance that we had against a vandy this year then it should be done then. But I have a feel we're going to be better than a lot of people expect. I see us next being a 12-16 seed hosting and then winning our regional but losing the super to a team that finishes top 4 at CWS. That's just purely my gut feel, but we'll see.