Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Our BASEBALL TEAM should be Embarrassed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Nobody on that roster respected him. They were why he got fired. They ratted him out. No way he should have stayed. None.
    There were quite a few who still respected Cann. You are right about a group that ratted him out. And they should have. That decision to immediately cut bait is what has just never sat well with me. I think he could've earned back the respect. And again, like I said, if you revisited the subject in June and a majority of the returning players still said there's no way in hell we'll take him then you don't.

vCash
    We don?t win a national title without Cann flipping Tanner Allen from LSU. Lemonis won the title but he walked into a roster with dudes on it. We haven?t signed a player with the balls the kids from 2017-2021 had since Lem has been here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    This we agree on.........I think they should've sat him down and had a face to face and given a stern warning before he was fired and from my knowledge, that didn't happen..........
    He was screwing a university employee... you guys have lost your minds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Dan was too. We didn't fire him when we found out about it years before he left.

vCash
    Doesn?t take away from the fact he could recruit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    We don?t win a national title without Cann flipping Tanner Allen from LSU. Lemonis won the title but he walked into a roster with dudes on it. We haven?t signed a player with the balls the kids from 2017-2021 had since Lem has been here.
    Landon Sims begs to differ

vCash
    Landon was signed by Andy.

vCash
    Bednar.

vCash
    Bednar.
    Yea that's the one that Lemonis brought us. And hey we are thankful because he went on the heater of a lifetime for two weeks.

vCash
    Hey guys there is small flicker at the end of the tunnel. Tennessee lost tonight is now 0-2 for the year.

vCash
    While we are on nobody is safe. Why is lem?? I like him. I think he's good. I do. But he is 100% responsible for how much scholarship everyone gets. Fox and lem are both good coaches. The same two guys that led us to the series two years in a row. They didn't get stupid. But I get our performance today is completely unacceptable. I'm not gonna go ole miss fan til I see it play out.
    I don't think he is above reproach. I just think the biggest issue is the pitching coach. Lemonis has shown that he can coach and recruit. Defense hasn't been a major issue during his tenure and I think that gets fixed. I'm lumping the base stealing on us under defense and if we have to we'll start Highfill I'm sure if it continues to be bad.

So I think we give Lemonis an elite pitching coach to go with Gautreau and see how it plays out from there. If it's still bad then you have to fire Lemonis at that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Dan was too. We didn't fire him when we found out about it years before he left.
    That's because Dan was still doing his job until the Egg Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm willing to keep him with a different pitching coach.

Now if he won't fire Foxhall that's a different story.
    They are starting to look like Croom and Woody, but different sport.**

vCash
    So does anyone else think we should've just rode out the storm with Cann and let him stay? I've had that thought for the better part of a year now. Because I believe he'd have won a Natty in 21. Hell he got a team pitching position players to a Super
    He was also sexting from the dugout when he was supposed to be working during a game against USM.

vCash
    Then your loyalty is with Lemonis and not Mississippi State. HE recruited these guys. HE makes the final call on every decision. HE is the one making 1 million plus. This is a results business. What does winning a national championship mean if you can't do it again. You either produce or you need to hit the road. Foxhall should've been gone last year.

We have a 60 million dollar stadium. We didn't build it to win attendance records and lose to VMI in February or get beat by 4 TDs by Tennessee in May. We built the damn thing to host Super Regionals.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    He was also sexting from the dugout when he was supposed to be working during a game against USM.
    Oh I was in Hattiesburg. It actually was comforting to find out he wasn't focused on the game so we had an excuse for why we looked like crap. I have stated multiple times in this thread that we 100% should not have let him coach the rest of that season. I just believe we should've suspended him and revisited the topic in June and if everyone still felt the same and bridges just couldn't be mended then yes you continue with letting him go.

And again, it's water under the bridge now. He probably won't ever coach at this level again. He made a mistake and our administration acted in a way they saw fit. Whether I think it's right or wrong is irrelevant. We have to live with the results of that decision and the ensuing decisions that it caused.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 02-18-2023 at 11:30 PM.

vCash
    He made the supers with position players pitching. He did get caught up in social media and things of that nature. That prevented him from doing his job at the highest level. However, as I stated, I think if you could've suspended for the year and let him get refocused and you were comfortable with him again then you bring him back. Because when he was focused, he was one of the best coaches in the country.
    Where is he now?

vCash
    There is a chance that today was an aberration- I just dreamed this and it never happened

vCash
    Hey guys there is small flicker at the end of the tunnel. Tennessee lost tonight is now 0-2 for the year.
    Yeah but their losses will rate much better than this RPI-killer of a loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Where is he now?
    Don't know. Don't keep up with him. Last I heard he pissed off some parents at the high school he was at because he didn't want to start their senior sons and one of the dads tried to fight him in the parking lot. Ya know, usual high school parent ball BS.

Again, when he's focused and he has the talent he's one of the best coaches in the country. He had that here. He recruits circles around Lemonis. He also evaluates circles Lemonis but that's another topic completely.