Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to be careful

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Some have made up their mind that it can't be any worse. I'm convinced those people never watched our all Americans Mike Hening, Tyson Lee, Aeris Nelson, or Kyle York take snaps at Davis Wade. I, unfortunately, had the pleasure of watching every one of those QBs take multiple snaps at Davis Wade Stadium.
    The years of State recruiting at a level on par with CUSA schools are over. We aren’t going to run an offense from 1987. We aren’t going to field an offense where 80 % of them had offers from us and directional Louisiana.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Man, I see it as completely opposite. We are not hiring big names, we are hiring MS guys.
    Now, if they happen to be big names, and MS guys, then its a win-win.
    But he is hiring them for a purpose that others have attempted. He wants to own the state in recruiting.

Who here actually thinks that if Bama wants a kid from Mississippi they won't get him? When has that really been the norm? I like hiring guys who get the job done in training up the players. That's not to say theses hires won't be able to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    We need WRs. We will be right back to when we raised hell about not having any under Mullen. We have 2 right now that are reliable game to game. We need more than just TE.
    And we are going to have some walk if we move to a system that reduces their touches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The years of State recruiting at a level on par with CUSA schools are over. We aren’t going to run an offense from 1987. We aren’t going to field an offense where 80 % of them had offers from us and directional Louisiana.
    That's true. But this is about the portal. I ask again who are you u going to get us??

vCash
    Ok you have these great ideas that there's someone out there, so who is it?

vCash
    Cool. Good luck to him. He hasn?t been playing well here at all.
    BS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    And we are going to have some walk if we move to a system that reduces their touches.
    Whatever system we go to reduces their touches. Nobody runs the true air raid and flings it 75-% of the time. Leach was the last guy.

vCash
    He has no answer and has no clue what a qb in the portal costs.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Ok you have these great ideas that there's someone out there, so who is it?
    I have already answered that.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I have answered it. You chose not to read it. You want an answer to a question that isn’t even finished yet, smartass.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    BS
    Please go on and tell me about how well he has been playing. Please. Go game by game and tell me which ones he played like an SEC quarterback should play against SEC competition. Show them to me.

vCash
    I have answered it. You chose not to read it. You want an answer to a question that isn’t even finished yet, smartass.
    I missed it who?? And I'm asking a question to what you are proposing. Therefore you need an answer.

vCash
    Yeah, what's Sanders price up to now?

vCash
    It's impossible to guess who might be interested without an OC in place. If it's an air raid guy, no one would want to take on will. If it's an OC that is moving to a dual threat, who knows?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I missed it who?? And I'm asking a question to what you are proposing. Therefore you need an answer.
    I wrote a paragraph on this exact question you asked on page 4 of this thread. I’m not writing it out again. Go back and read it. Or don’t. I’m not answering it again Just because you refuse to read what I’ve already said.

vCash
    He didn't. Because he doesn't have an answer. "Will bad" is his only answer and when you ask why or who we could bring in? "Will bad"

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It's impossible to guess who might be interested without an OC in place. If it's an air raid guy, no one would want to take on will. If it's an OC that is moving to a dual threat, who knows?
    Another board is reporting that Nagle was interviewed in Charlotte & looks to be a serious candidate 🤷

It's definitely not going to be Johns

vCash
    And better talent. Katy would've beaten any team in MS by 4 TDs this year. And they didn't make the state championship. The state of Mississippi is not very good. We've produced some good talent over the years, but it's isolated. The state of TX had 6 five stars and 63 four stars this year. The state of Mississippi had 0 five stars and 6 four stars. I don't give a rats ass about "tough". Get me guys who can produce. For every Jeffrey Simmons this state has produced we've produced 10 Lee Autry's. And I'll go a step further, I don't mind you getting defensive players from this state, because we have an ok hit rate there. But our hit rate at skill positions on offense is abysmal.
    https://www.on3.com/news/southern-st...ks-per-capita/

Tell me where Texas ranks per Capita? And look at poor ol missippi....#2

And Katy high school has 3300 students to pick from. Please tell me how many schools are that size in the state of Mississippi. You aren't comparing apples to apples. I live here so I'm not speaking out of my rear...
    Last edited by Cowbell; 01-11-2023 at 10:16 PM.

vCash
    Whatever system we go to reduces their touches. Nobody runs the true air raid and flings it 75-% of the time. Leach was the last guy.
    No Home D. There is a difference in moving to a system where we run it 40% of the time and that reduces it. Then there is moving it to a run 55% of the time. That reduces it more. Then there is a change in offenses where an OC does not rotate.

There are many air raid systems that uses a TE and different wrinkles and run it more that still uses more WRs than say a mullen offense.

TCU is a run first air raid. They still had 10 receivers in double digits. we had 11. (I included RBs in both)

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Thanks…..pretty simple. We need to know what our offense is going to be like first. If it’s going to require a dual threat quarterback to work then obviously there aren’t many choices in the portal that would not be better than what we currently have on the roster. If it’s not then that is different. This guy wants an answer on who our quarterback should be without us even knowing what offense we are running. I think that we could probably eke out enough portal money to steal Malik Hornsby from Texas State if we go to a system that is going to require us to have a true mobile quarterback. I don’t know though. I will have to check with moneybags homedog first to check our exact bankroll.
    Last edited by Jarius; 01-11-2023 at 10:17 PM.