Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
TCU didn't have anything to do with it I don't think. 4 SEC teams will have to be in NY6 games (so basically 1/3 of the NY6 Slots) for an 8-4 MSU team to have a shot at the Citrus, and the Big 12 is already guaranteed a spot, so TCU choking wouldn't open up a spot for the SEC. Right now, UGA is in. Barring an upset by A&M, I think LSU is in. They were 6th (behind UT) last week. Can't imagine losing to UGA in the SEC CG would put them out of the top 11. UTenn was 5th before losing to USCe, so it's just a question of how fall they fall. Does an UT with wins over LSU and Bama but losses to UGA and USCe fall outside of the top 11? The USCe loss isn't good, but the Bama and LSU wins are going to be better than any win most of the top 11 will have, the UGA will be as good of a loss as you can have, so it's just does a slip up against USCe kill them when they went 2-1 against top 10 teams? Also, not sure how you can put an LSU team that lost to FSU, UTenn, and UGA in over a UT team that has losses to UGA and USCe.

ETA: Also, even if we were the next logical team for the Citrus, we still likely wouldn't get picked. I think Citrus can skip over a team as long as there is no more than one game of difference in their records (or is that an old rule? Only rule now may be that the loser of the SEC CG can't fall below the Citrus). I think the Citrus would probably take USCe over MSU.
The citrus will be the highest ranked SEC team in the CFB playoff poll that isnt in the NY6