Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
Yes, Players leaving is what must be expected. Anyone staying past 3 years should never be expected, appreciated but not expected. You get drafted high enough after year 3, you gotta go. You may get drafted higher your senior year but they lowball you with signing bonus then because they know you can't go back to school. This stuff should be common knowledge but for some reason it has to be explained over and over.

We hit it just right with the shortened Covid draft to keep Tanner Allen and him going undrafted that year.

Make it clear, i know you know this. It's the ones complaining of guys leaving with eligibility left. That is the system in place.
Good points and I agree, as bad as I would love to see players stick around but making the "jump" to the next level is better to start early. It's extremely difficult to make a ML team, odds are low, also playing in the minors is pretty tough trying to make a living chasing one's dream. But to each their own as families should know best, not the "me included" message board posters.