Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
Why did we grind last year and not this year?
Every team and every year is different, even if the players are the same. We have had a grind it out attitude really since 2011 - to our benefit. But, you saw a lot of the same things this year that we saw in 2015. In 2015 we were thin on experienced pitchers, and were last in the SEC in ERA, Opponents BA, K's, W's, 13th in Saves, 4th most hits allowed, second highest in Runs allowed, gave up the 5th highest number of HR, had the second most hit batters, and walked more than half the league. When you are outgunned on the mound or at the plate continually, it really does get in your head. Doesn't matter what coaching does or doesn't do. Call it quiting, call it whatever, but like the shrink says in The Natural, losing is contagious. It is like a disease and it can spread during a season. And it happens in baseball more than any other sport. How do the Braves win it all last year, and look as much like ass as we do? Same basic team as last year.

Now. What everyone needs to focus on, or more directly what Lemonis needs to focus on, is that HE is going to have to outwork everyone this next season. He is going to have to prove that this year was the fluke, not 2019 and 2021.
Great baseball coaches figure it out. Cohen figured it out for 2016. I really hope Lemo does too. If he doesn't, then I think the predictions of those saying "he can't win with his recruits" are likely right. But, as of right now, I'll still take Jake Mangum and other players opinions about Lemo, Geuxt, Fox and Cheese over fans who stomp their feet and want fire everyone. For now.