[QUOTE=PGHBulldogBG;1405576]
Quote Originally Posted by speedy1972 View Post

I guess because I just hate both parties equally and the party system as a whole I don?t understand people being so upset over political issues when it comes to job performance. He just really turned me off with the Moorhead hire because I don?t care what the ?experts? say he did not have the background to be an SEC coach and I saw that disaster from day 1. On the other hand, I actually think he has made better choices outside Moorhead than Stricklin and like others said it seems his marketing strategies are lacking and out of date. Overall though he has won us our first NC as AD and he deserves that credit regardless of how the Lemonis hire went down. He ended up with an A+ hire. I never thought we would have a coach at state that I thought was as good as Vic but we do now with Lemonis. I am warming up to him but I do have strong concerns about what kind of hire he will make for basketball when the time comes.
Yeah, I don't care about his political leanings one bit. Marketing, yeah, it's bad under him. Still, not necessarily what gets me ticking. The big 3, plus women's basketball (to a very minor extent) are what I pay attention to. I understand softball is pretty popular to other folks. But, for me, it's really the big 3. Baseball is in an awesome stretch, no doubt. But football and MBB just seem to be kind of wondering in the wilderness. Not terrible, but not that exciting. I have more hope for football than basketball at this point. I don't know, that's just me. WBB has really crashed back to earth, but Vic was lightning in a bottle.

I'll just enjoy baseball for the next 5 months, and let everything else sort itself out.