Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
I've honestly never seen anything like it. Pretty sure the root of it is Kiffin. He couldn't get along with Lebby and now Lebby is gone. Durkin only took their job because he had no choice and now it looks like he is gone as well. I really think it boils down to:

1. Their players were willing to stay when they had a veteran laden team with a Heisman contender QB. Now those players are gone and it's going to be a rebuild.

2. Kiffin is openly looking to leave. That creates an atmosphere of uncertainty. No one knows who their coach is going to be 1-2 years down the road. I think that atmosphere of uncertainty has hurt them in recruiting as well. It's the same with their assistants. Those coaches know that they are almost going to have to leave and while that profession requires a lot of moving around by the nature of it they still want some stability.
It's bizarre.

My few OM friends are almost in panic mode. They expected a top 10 recruiting class, momentum, media attention, frothing and foaming from everyone, OM HAS ARRIVED BULLSHIT, etc, and they literally got none of it. And this is AFTER playing in a Sugar Bowl, which as a fan-base, they covet more than anything else (maybe outside of recruiting).

Their program trajectory resembles a team coming out of a 5-7/6-6 season....so something is obviously amiss. I agree with others re: Kiffin. He's definitely an introvert that somehow thrives on twitter....but that ain't who he is, and 'cruits see it.