Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
FWIW:

The buzz from Twitter is Sims, Stinnett, and Cade Smith

Sims is an All American, Stinnett is now an unhittable control pitcher, and Cade Smith was the top-Freshman with CWS proof-testing

If correct, this gives us a RIDICULOUS bullpen, best ever for MSU?

B Smith, P Johnson, Fristoe, Tepper (great at the Cape), Simmons, Walling, Hunt, Tullar

If Fristoe is our wildcard, that's a pretty huge wildcard. He's a 1st Round Candidate in 2022. He is not Cerantola that never actually showed us anything and was a hockey kid most of his life. JF is supposed to be a 1st Rounder, he is supposed to be a Flag Ship. But let's get real, JF did not look good in the Regional but Cade Smith was the Man in the Arena in clutch innings against the best teams in the nation. JF had 4 consecutive bad starts before Harding earned the #3 job.

But Fristoe is not the only wildcard with huge upside. B Smith, Walling, and Hunt are due a leap of performance. How high, could be game changing. I think a Bulldog will be the Kevin Kopps of 2022. Of course, I wear Maroon colored lenses.
Fristoe's problem was that because of Covid he didn't pitch all year his senior year. He was throwing a lot of innings as a freshman when he hadn't thrown in a game in a while. Sure you could make that excuse for most everybody but I think it effected him more