Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
NIL is a way for us to close the gap if we will get creative and aggressive as we did in baseball. Just have to decide if we are a serious program or not.
Absolutely nothing in our history indicates we are a serious program, or if we were, that we'd lead the pack in being innovative.

It ws just 14 years ago that Les Miles was the highest pad coach in the SEC at $3.75M. Remember when Jimbo got the 10 year, 75M deal and we all thought it was insane money? Remember when Dan left us for like 6M a year and everyone said he was overpaid? Remember a year or 2 earlier when this board complained that Dan making 4M was too much? Remember when Aranda cracked 2M and the football world lost it's mind? just 5 years ago the avg salary for an SEC HC was $4.1M a year. Now Leach is below average at $5M. in 5 years we're going to "going cheap" by only spending 8M on a coach.

Point I'm making is that salaries have exploded on CFB and EVERYONE could see it happening for years, yet did we do the rational thing and go "Lets spend what we're going to in 5 years no matter what but do it now so we can rise above our peers in the meantime"? No, we stayed on par with our peers. Nothing against leach, my point is that any booster network with foresight would have gone high dollar since they'll be dragged to high dollar anyway. We have zero foresight. I'm glad we pulled the plug on JoMo after year 2, and I'm glad we landed Leach. But the money men are idiots