Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
Your actually stating that Leach has his players. Also, Kiffin just did the same thing Leach is working on. He took the lemons added a few transfers and made lemonade. However, next year he'll have a problem unless he can find a Qb transfer.
The difference in the 2 situations is that Ole Miss has a 1st round QB and didn't make a drastic change to a system like we did. Big difference.

And I am advocating that Leach has his players. He absolutely does and a lot of playing and making immediate impacts. But tell me it wouldn't make a difference if we had more juniors and seniors out on the field as we've made this transition. Part of it is Leach ran some off. Which was needed. But part of it is that Moorhead didn't develop players during his 2 years and a lot of those guys aren't contributors.

I don't blame Moorhead for the loss. What I do blame is that his inability to develop talent and bring in a lot of quality players, both out of high school and in the transfer portal, has hindered us from maximizing our potential this year.

Last year is a prime example. We had to cull the herd significantly just to get back to being a respectably in shape and disciplined program. We didn't have that few of guys due to Covid. It was due to lack of discipline and focus by Moorhead players. Leach and company have done a great job developing our guys and bringing in immediate impact players that want to compete. We had to rebuild an entire culture. Ole Miss didn't have to do that. Comparing Kiffin to Leach isn't a fair comparison.