Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
He is currently making 7.5 does your life really change that much make 5 mill more at that level?

500k to 2 mill is a difference. but this doesnt move the needle for me, especially since I agree about the difference in norman and BR.
Yes, it's actually a pretty big difference when you are looking at an extra $5M over 8 years. It's a big jump up in lifestyle when you can afford a nice private plane with a private pilot. If you're not running a plane through a business, you have to be worth a lot to be able to manage that. An extra $30M in the bank (which you should be able to manage with an extra $5M a year pre-tax for 8 years) would mean you can have something like a King Air 260 with a full time pilot and fly it more or less as much as you will want to without having to deplete principal (and probably will grow it).

I would agree with you that the difference between having say $8M in the bank and $16M in the bank isn't that big as far as lifestyle goes. But when you get to the point that a crewed plan is on the table without having to feel guilty about it or worry about the expense, that would be a big time difference for me personally.