Thread: Nick Rolovich (Wazzu) fired with cause

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This is what happens when the wrong ones are in charge...

https://twitter.com/chuckcallesto/st...204258311?s=21

#thescience

Let's get someone in charge that solves problems like...

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/sta...673004553?s=21
    1: If they are eligible to retire then that will get shot down in court, as it should. My guess is that was just grandstanding and they won't actually do it. They know what the result will be.
    2: Desantis was grandstanding on that on that too. I laughed when I first saw it. I had just read a WSJ article on the problem. That's not going to do much of anything. You need to look at the way container ports operate, specifically the depth of the harbors and the infrastructure to transport the containers away from the docks. There are only three in the entire country that can take most of those transpacific ships simply due to the draft of the ships, Long Beach, LA, and Tacoma. Tacoma doesn't have the infrastructure to handle many more. Of the other ships most of them can only use 4-5 others, and only one is in Florida. Most of those are backed up as well. The problem is as much demand as it is port problems. LA is handling something like 30% more than it has ever so far this year. Now they haven't been operating 24-7 7 days a week either. That was mostly due to unions. The article said even if that happens there may not be enough port labor to handle it. Even if it is the railroads and trucks probably can't handle a lot more than they are now. I've been reading a lot on this lately. It's fascinating stuff. The roots of it seem to go back a decade or more. The roots were in post 2008 economics in the shipping industry (water, road, rail) it seems. There were already cracks showing prior to the recent trouble.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 10-20-2021 at 12:01 PM.