Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
The defense isn't great, but the offense is what this guy is supposed to bring to the table. When Leach came in nobody expected great defense, so Arnette has overachieved in that regard because we've been decent on D. Meanwhile the AIR RAID is a damn joke, and we can't score points. If you're blaming the D, you need to just admit you were wrong about Leach and stop trying to find ways to defend him. This shit ain't on the D. And the D will only get worse as we fail to recruit on that side bc nobody wants to play defense for a team whose AIR RAID never gives them a lead.
I am not a die hard Leach defender. I think he can win here, and have success. We have improved on offense, but we will have a lot of things to improve on. Turnovers and stalling in the red zone are our two biggest problems that I see. This season we moved the ball pretty decently between the 20's.

Our entire fanbase is acting like Bama's defense sucks because they had a bad game last week at A&M. Well they don't. They are second overall in the SEC in total defense only behind UGA and top 20 in the nation.

Our D on the other hand is not very good. Sure they blitz a lot and get some sacks, but I would trade that in a heartbeat to not have opposing receivers running 30 yards open downfield.

I will save judgement on Leach until the end of the season. I would not even be in favor of firing after next season unless we had a complete catastrophe of a season (something like 4-8)