Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    The main difference is you can't teach 6'6. De'Runnya was a matchup nightmare for any defense. We schemed the hell out of people running the sideline "box out" route with him. An SEC defender couldn't bully De'Runnya. An SEC DB will put this kid in the 3rd row.
    Bear was 6-4 220 at the combine, ran a horrible 4.85sec 40, with an abysmal 28 inch vertical, and I would take him back in a minute.

This kid, who I have not seen outside of HUDL, is 6-3 200 and has a teenagers body still. Now, if he were actually the "best available" option I would just save that scholly for the portal.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 10-07-2021 at 08:51 AM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Bear was 6-4 220 at the combine. This kid, who I have not seen outside of HUDL, is 6-3 200 and has a teenagers body still. Now, if he were actually the "best available" option I would just save that scholly for the portal.
    Yea that one bummed me out because the game program always reported 6'6 or 6'5. Regardless, we don't need to take Dalton. If he was such a hot commodity then he'd have a P5 offer. Offer him a PWO and move on down the line. If he's so good he'll prove it and prove me wrong.