Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
While I agree with much of what you said, La Tech had 19 transfers & we had no film on them actually playing for La Tech. Thus they hit us with 2 big plays & we threw a pick 6.

Nc State returns most of the 78th ranked offense, is running the same scheme, & we have film.

Arnett proved to be a good DC last year. I'd be absolutely floored if they ran up & down the field on a defense that was a top 25 rushing defense last year against all SEC competition. Would be absolutely shocked.

That said, I think their DL gives us hell & I don't know what we'll do about that. I'll go 24-20 NC State & one of those scores is on a really short field.

I see a low scoring game
Suddenly transfers are such a good thing while they have had limited impacts at others schools. Tech returned 10 starters on D and had 3 of their top 5 pass catchers from the year before. Tech was beating on us with most of the same guys that played for them the year before.

We were young in 2013 and got a lot better in 2014- why? We returned a ton of starters. Teams that return a lot of starters typically improve by 2-3 wins the next season in college football. The last time we had this argument on here was about Kirby Smart before Year 2 at Georgia. We know how that turned out.

NC State got their QB a lot of experience last year. His TD to interception ratio was pretty good. He threw for over 230 in the opener. Their offense will be tough on us Saturday. NC State/Clemson will be for the right to go to the championship game on their side of the ACC.