Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
Yes, we need to realize that we have much more vulnerability here than others. We are a very small market school with smaller fan base than others, these changes are not without major pitfalls and opportunities for schools with limited history - yet bigger TV footprint to move into our "reserved space". This possible expansion is great without question for the Bamas, LSU, UGA's, etc., the small guys need to be careful.
This is why I've always been a fan of "bigger is better" from a student enrollment perspective. It not only grows the school and fanbase but the city of Starkville will continue to grow. All good things in my book.

And FYI, something I've seen over the years, when a student comes to State it's not just that kid that is the fan. I've seen parents, aunt's and uncle's, friends, etc become dedicated fans after that connection is made. Case in point, 25 years ago my wife was a nanny to 4 little girls in Memphis. The family moved here from Canada. I use to give the girls State things (pom poms, stuff like that, nothing special). They eventually moved back to Canada but one of those girls enrolled at State years later, graduated and now there's about 12 family members in Canada that are State fans. Point being, the more students the better in my book.